Million Dollar Donor

FloMoGrad

Just heard on the radio broadcast of the BBall game that Mr Keene (sp?) just donated $1,000,000.00 to the UNT Athletic Dept. That is amazing! Thank you sir! Your generosity and loyalty are an inspiration to all those who hear this news.

Go Mean Green!

(Admins move if necessary)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

ernie was a pika at north texas in early 60's. he went on to law school and has done very. you golfers are familar with his daughter kelli, and sons tripp and hank.

That's crazy! I met Trip at Royal Oaks one afternoon and know the Kuehne family from their golfing success very well, just never dawned on me it was one in the same. Very Cool! Amazing golfing family to say the least....

This is great news. I am actually surprised we don't hear more about these types of donations. As I understand it, we have actually had a few of them in the last year or two.

Probably up to the donor on whether or not he/she wants it to be public. I'm glad this one went public. Maybe some others will take it as a challenge to match the donarion.

I know I have. :unsure:

Awesome, indeed. And, hopefully, it will lead others to look at what they can do to support the Mean green. Everyone can start at some level. I had a person I had been talking with hand me his new Mean Green Club membership form and check last evening at the game. As a volunteer rep for the Mean Green Club I thought he might be "ready" to join...he was! All it takes sometimes is someone asking for their membership and showing some appreciation for them doing so.

If you are not a member...you can join for as little as $125 and they will even split that out into five payments of $25 each for you. PM me...let's talk if you are not a member! Let's take the lead from Mr. Khenue, and support the Mean Green.

Also heard that every suite at the new stadium has been sold! WOW! And, that Club seats are beginning to move even faster! This is really great news!

Time to get on board the Mean Green train...it's heading in the right direction and there is no turning back. You can help!

Good things are truly happening for the Mean Green!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Last nights game was just all around a success. Great attendance for a Saturday night, we had 3 walk-ons playing by the end of the game, and the presentation of the HUGE donation was done right!! I was very impressed with Rick V bringing up student athletes to present Mr. Khenue with some autographed North Texas gear. I was kinda jealous of the helmet, I want one but dont have that kinda money!! :money:

So did this very generous person just now step up, or did the office of development/advancement finally give up some of their leads to the athletic dept. Because, for a long time development/advancement had a big list of alumni who regularly gave to the University that were "hands off" to the athletic dept.

In my mind at least, it doesn't matter. If the OD/A did cough up names, awesome. if they didn't, still ok, we're obviously finding ways into new Alumni and Donor Networks.

I agree it sounds like our nose spiting our face to a large degree, I don't care from where, when, how or why, I'll take all the seven figure donors we can find, with or without other dept's support.

• Upvote 2