Congratulations To Spencer Leftwich If Rumors Work Out!

If the rumors are true Spencer Leftwich will be headed to Pitt. Congratulations!!! The last time this happened at Tulsa Coach Leftwich didn't make the trip to Louisville. Mr. Leftwich was the only one on former staff to have Golden Parachute, and he played coaching merry go round to perfection.

Looks like Todd Dodge may have pulled the hat trick too. I'm not as concerned with Todd Dodge as I am other members of old FB coaching staff, but maybe QB coach is just what the Doctor ordered before trying to become a HC again. If Todd Dodge pulls off going to Pitt then maybe he gained some points with Coach Graham by allowing Coach Leftwich to interview at Tulsa and become their latest O line coach. It's not like coach Leftwich didn't have a history with Tulsa. I've always thought Coach Leftwich got more production out of the talent level he was able to recruit than many other O line coaches across the country. :rock:

If the rumors are true Spencer Leftwich will be headed to Pitt. Congratulations!!! The last time this happened at Tulsa Coach Leftwich didn't make the trip to Louisville. Mr. Leftwich was the only one on former staff to have Golden Parachute, and he played coaching merry go round to perfection.

Looks like Todd Dodge may have pulled the hat trick too. I'm not as concerned with Todd Dodge as I am other members of old FB coaching staff, but maybe QB coach is just what the Doctor ordered before trying to become a HC again. If Todd Dodge pulls off going to Pitt then maybe he gained some points with Coach Graham by allowing Coach Leftwich to interview at Tulsa and become their latest O line coach. It's not like coach Leftwich didn't have a history with Tulsa. I've always thought Coach Leftwich got more production out of the talent level he was able to recruit than many other O line coaches across the country. :rock:

Lefty has an eye for under-recruited talent and he's a very good O-Line coach. Great combination! He'll be some top BCS school's O-Line coach in the next 3-5 years. Pitt ain't bad!

• Upvote 1

pffftt. lefty did unt no favors leaving us right before the season started.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ooch...you guys are tough and must be really young. Maybe in your early 20's or something. Left UNT high and dry...really. Better job opportunity came along at last minute and Lefty jumped on it. Prior to leaving HC was given ultimatum by AD, 7 wins or out of here. Like being on 3rd strike or DOUBLE SECRET (SP) PROBATION. If HC fails will I be drawing unemployment? Go to another school, maybe lateral move, but not from job security standpoint. I think Lefty was OLine coach for Tulsa in 2005 when Tulsa schooled us 53 to something. Tulsa's been doing pretty good football wise lately, and I think if UNT was on par with them we'd probably sell out the new stadium every weekend or close to it. Mean Green Club would have much fatter pockets and we wouldn't be losing DT recruits to the likes of ASU!!! I digress.

Point is the next time you come to a career cross roads take note of Lefty's actions because if you do you and your family will be better off for it in the long run.

Edited by UNTMike81
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1