Cameron Spencer

Dr. Seuss

I believe he has cartilage torn in his knee… at least his is what Alzees father and Cams gf have told me. The word on the street is that we are planning on redshirting him. Which leaves us with only two more open scholarships… here is hoping Henry will come to town to help down low.

I believe he has cartilage torn in his knee… at least his is what Alzees father and Cams gf have told me. The word on the street is that we are planning on redshirting him. Which leaves us with only two more open scholarships… here is hoping Henry will come to town to help down low.

wouldn't that be a 6th year since he sat out a smu transfer year?

If we can find a solid recruit to give that scholarship to before the end of the year, they should just play Spencer whenever he is healthy and forget about the redshirt. I am a Spencer fan, and we definitely could use him this year, but with the level of the recruiting class we have now, it seems as though come March we may have a better option than redshirting a guy who will only have 1-year left.

Plus...the NCAA has a history of not allowing our special requests... :angry:

Henry will not provide any help down low!

Heard on bb broadcast that Spencer is out for the year. So this team will play all year with a max of 9 scholarship players. I doubt NT will want to give Spencer a sixth year, they have already given him three years to play one. He would be an asset this year but I don't see him playing much next year with Holmen, Edwards, Knox, Hogans and Robinson already on board. Plus with the way the next class has developed wouldn't a freshman, a very good juco, or a transfer who must set out a year make a lot more sense.

Of course, you never know, I still can't understand why they left two ships open this year,

I talked to Cameron he plans on redshirting this year. This would be a lot easier to get a medical redshirf bc he has yet to play a game, but you never know. It wouldn't be a bad idea to hold on to him, we could use the expeicence next year. I'm not sold on Knox yet, he's had 3 decent games and everyone thinks he's the next George Odufawa. This is the same guy that air balled and hit the top ofthw glass on free throws, and has no ball handling skills. I would think he could dunk the ball he only has to jump 6 inches off the ground

Yes they do look it up, and what about hogans last year how do you think he got a redshirt as a jr

Hogans actually used a traditional redshirt, because he played as a true freshman and his injury occurred before he played in any games.

Greenminer is either making a joke about how we never get approved for 6th year medical hardship exemptions, or he's making a wordsmith argument about how the medical hardship exemption isn't technically a "redshirt".

Hogans actually used a traditional redshirt, because he played as a true freshman and his injury occurred before he played in any games.

Greenminer is either making a joke about how we never get approved for 6th year medical hardship exemptions, or he's making a wordsmith argument about how the medical hardship exemption isn't technically a "redshirt".

Wordsmith Nazi freak. When do words ever mean things?

Yeah, it is wordsmithing. But in all fairness, why not be accurate if you can help it? I equate this to calling FBS football "D-1" now, or the Sun Belt a non-BCS football conference. It drives me nuts only to the extent that it's WRONG.

Besides, "waiver" takes fewer calories to type than "redshirt.". Its true, I looked it up. ;)

Edited by greenminer