New Conference

EagleD

With recent talk of conference realignment I'm curious what it would take to start a new conference that wasn't dependent on east coast or west coast schools. With the exception of the Big XII there's not a conference in the middle of the country that plays D1 football. There are plenty of schools in TX,ARK,LA,OK that may not be BCS caliber but equal enough to unite into a "New SWC". It needs to be done. What what are the obstacles?

And I know we hate SMU and they hate us but that's all the more reason to play each other.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

With recent talk of conference realignment I'm curious what it would take to start a new conference that wasn't dependent on east coast or west coast schools. With the exception of the Big XII there's not a conference in the middle of the country that plays D1 football. There are plenty of schools in TX,ARK,LA,OK that may not be BCS caliber but equal enough to unite into a "New SWC". It needs to be done. What what are the obstacles?

And I know we hate SMU and they hate us but that's all the more reason to play each other.

1. Money

2. Agreement

3. Leadership

4. Organization

5. Scheduling

6. Bowls

7. TV Contract

8. NCAA Approval

Other than those it would probably be a piece of cake.