Check Vito's Blog

BIG DAWG

Wisconsin ran the ball for almost 230 yards yesterday and opened massive holes against a team that had 9 men in the box. If it wasn't for horrible clock management at the end of both halves and a missed field goal they win that game easily. Throw in some improbable 3rd and long conversions by TCU and you have a close win by them. They played as well as they could but they lose that game 8 out of ten times.

And on the other side of the ball those big old slow boys held TCU to a little over 3 yards per carry. The Frogs leading rusher was Andy Dalton with 28 yards.

Wisconsin's line play was superior. TCU had the better quarterback and receivers that day. And better coaching.

It was a pretty even matchup and I think would be regardless of how many times they played. TCU has made big plays when they needed them all year and I don't think that these were a fluke.

Per the TV stats posted on the screen, the Badgers outweighed the Frogs by an ASTOUNDING 50 lbs per man. I had to do a doubletake and check the math! With that much difference, some of those Badgers had to be major lardasses.

I'm not sayin'...just sayin'. :)

Reread Dallas Green's post up until the TCU/Wisconsin comments. I believe this is the main point of his post, or at least what I took from his post. JUCO's are a gamble for the same reasons that lead most of them to a JUCO in the first place. We don't need another Alonzo Horton situation.

Reread Dallas Green's post up until the TCU/Wisconsin comments. I believe this is the main point of his post, or at least what I took from his post. JUCO's are a gamble for the same reasons that lead most of them to a JUCO in the first place. We don't need another Alonzo Horton situation.

We aren't UT or OU. We have to search every nook and cranny for talent. Bill Snyder had a very nice career, including a couple of top 10 years, at Kansas St. and JUCOs were a huge contributor. Just gotta do your research.

I'd love to be able to sign 4 star athletes straight out of high school, but that ain't happeneing anytime soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We aren't UT or OU. We have to search every nook and cranny for talent. Bill Snyder had a very nice career, including a couple of top 10 years, at Kansas St. and JUCOs were a huge contributor. Just gotta do your research.

I'd love to be able to sign 4 star athletes straight out of high school, but that ain't happeneing anytime soon.

I agree, especially with what I put in bold in your quote above. We've had success in the past with the likes of Pruitt, Galbreath, etc..., but we aren't in a position to dictate ultimatums. We must be patient and stay in contact with these young men.

No, but I'd sure take a Michael Pruitt about now.