Appears That Our Oc Opponents May Be Set Thru 2014

MeanGreen61

Any possible options if we did drop off LSU in 2012 to get a ooc home game?

My wish list(not in any order, just off the top of my head)

-Texas Tech

-NMSU

-UTEP

-Rice (I want revenge & could be a good start of a rivalry) :growl:

-Maryland (the pirate, who might/might not have been considered for the helm at UNT)

-La Tech

-Southern Miss

TX State/UTSA- :whip: (Will be Div. 1 FBS in 2012)

Ask UH how well we travel... plus, it might be an easy win for yall with your new coaching staff in place. IMO, students come out in bigger numbers when they play schools many of their peers attend.

Can we stop calling them Body Bags games? What about Fundraising games (as in fund raising for the AD), or Title IX games (as in funding all the non revenue sports).

How about "Money Bag Games?"

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

No one even questions why we cannot get better name or marquee teams at home and in our new stadium beyond 2011? :huh:

We have too many on this board who are like the King's subjects in the short story "The Emperor's Clothes" and I don't understand that at all. I know green kool-ade abounds here but don't let it drown you into a submission of accepting everything our Mean Green plantation owners are dishing out to us (and hoping we dare not ask questions).

That is a very disappointing group of years with hardly any name schools coming to Denton.

Hell, we could have had those OOC schedules at Fouts Field; in fact, looks like the kind of schedules we've had at Fouts forever. Most I've spoken to wanted the new stadium to make a difference in who we had coming to Denton, too--not merely a surge of retro scheduling or just the same ol' kind of scheduliing we've had.

Not good--not good at all, especially with our $78 million investment.

We need to start showing why we spent that $78 million and putting few if any name schools on future home schedules is hardly a good start. Who approved all that anyway?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Watch out for Tulsa. Just watched the DVR record of the Hawaii Bowl. Hawaii came in ranked #24 in the nation with Tulsa as serious underdogs. Tulsa racked up 6 interceptions in the first half and put a total of 62 points on a normally stingy Hawaii defense. They've also got the best kick returner in the NCAA who is also the record holder for all-purpose yards. I hope McCarney and crew have a great plan for Tulsa.

I would be shocked if either the LSU or the Kansas St road game in 2012 were not bought out in order to add a sixth home game. I just don't see us playing both those teams on the road in 2012 with only 5 home games in the brand new stadium.

Really doubt K State lets us out of that game since we didn't let them out of our game this year. LSU might be the safer bet.

No one even questions why we cannot get better name or marquee teams at home and in our new stadium beyond 2011? :huh:

We have too many on this board who are like the King's subjects in the short story "The Emperor's Clothes" and I don't understand that at all. I know green kool-ade abounds here but don't let it drown you into a submission of accepting everything our Mean Green plantation owners are dishing out to us (and hoping we dare not ask questions).

That is a very disappointing group of years with hardly any name schools coming to Denton.

Hell, we could have had those OOC schedules at Fouts Field; in fact, looks like the kind of schedules we've had at Fouts forever. Most I've spoken to wanted the new stadium to make a difference in who we had coming to Denton, too--not merely a surge of retro scheduling or just the same ol' kind of scheduliing we've had.

Not good--not good at all, especially with our $78 million investment.

We need to start showing why we spent that $78 million and putting few if any name schools on future home schedules is hardly a good start. Who approved all that anyway?

Jim, you know I love you and usually enjoy your rants. Still, please never again compare our AD to plantation owners. It's hyperbole and historically insulting. Let's not let slavery become the new hitler reference.

• Upvote 2

Jim, you know I love you and usually enjoy your rants. Still, please never again compare our AD to plantation owners. It's hyperbole and historically insulting. Let's not let slavery become the new hitler reference.

Emmitt, please pardon my insensitivity with the comparison and never really truly intended to go there with any semblance of using as part of the comparison the total abomination that slavery was in the history of our country. I fully understand your point, though, and (henceforth) I will surely look for a much better illustration than the poor choice of the one I used.

Hope the holidays have been good ones for you and your family.

GMG!