Unt Vs Smu : Attendence

NorthTexan95

PMG....until your "Bridge across I-35" is built the university plans on placing these signs so you can navigate across I-35 between the traffic.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1233039018032997090Lrcaas

:abe:

ee, that fine familia of tres are obviously headed to the Wing Section of our new stadium for la familia plan pre-game fiesta of caliente dogs and coca cola? :zoro::thumbsup:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

Notice that all of UNT's out-of-conference games were above average attendance. All of the conference games were below average. The single biggest drag on this program is conference affiliation.

Also, notice that UNT did better hosting Rice than SMU did hosting UH.

Notice that all of UNT's out-of-conference games were above average attendance. All of the conference games were below average. The single biggest drag on this program is conference affiliation.

Also, notice that UNT did better hosting Rice than SMU did hosting UH.

Our conference slate tends to come after we've already had several losses in the season.

We've had above 20,000 for FAU. It was last year or 2 years ago. It is in the top 10 of highest attended games for Fouts field.

I'd say conference affiliation is not reason for attendance trouble. We need to get away from who we're playing on whether to go see a game and get to North Texas is playing so we need to go to the game.

I would seriously doubt SMU doubling. Where's the land? Eminant Domain some of the most affluent areas in the state? No likely. Their totally land locked, price out 90% of the population, if not more.

If and when they get to 20K students, we'll most likely be around 50K... Think about that.

I would seriously doubt SMU doubling. Where's the land? Eminant Domain some of the most affluent areas in the state? No likely. Their totally land locked, price out 90% of the population, if not more.

If and when they get to 20K students, we'll most likely be around 50K... Think about that.

I believe there is a topping-out point for UNT enrollment--I want to say 45k (?)

Not likely but can happen if they want it. I'm sure SMU can find a way to expand even in a place that is land locked. And my whole point is fans on this board love to discredit SMU for the sake of it. Not the right attitude especially when SMU has room to grow just like us. As far as our CAP enrollment they estimated is 45K but I don't think it is something that is mandated.

And my whole point is fans on this board love to discredit SMU for the sake of it. Not the right attitude especially when SMU has room to grow just like us.

I agree with fans on this board and discrediting SMU, but don't think SMU has nearly the room for growth we do, but I absolutely give them credit for back to back bowls and turning around a program that was on the mat for over 20 yrs.

But now we're debating who has more potential and thats a no win...

Less we pay attention to them, more we focus on us, less we'll care about what they're doing, and the more we'll have to celebrate and be proud of - agreed.

• Upvote 1