An Attendance Nightmare For The New Orleans Bowl

SUMG

How many will UTEP bring? What about FIU?

If this ends up being the matchup....that could be bad:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I don't know about FIU, but UTEP historically travels very well to bowl games...

I will be attending with four family members, and I know at least a few thousand DFW alums alone that will go to the game...

I have been to UTEP's last 2 bowl games (Houston Bowl and GMAC Bowl) and there was a lot of orange in the crowd...

Now FIU being the opponent isn't as romantic as playing Colorado like they did in 2004, but I think there will be a decent Miner turnout...

I don't know about FIU, but UTEP historically travels very well to bowl games...

I will be attending with four family members, and I know at least a few thousand DFW alums alone that will go to the game...

I have been to UTEP's last 2 bowl games (Houston Bowl and GMAC Bowl) and there was a lot of orange in the crowd...

Now FIU being the opponent isn't as romantic as playing Colorado like they did in 2004, but I think there will be a decent Miner turnout...

That's good to hear. I hope FIU holds up its' end of the bargain.

That's good to hear. I hope FIU holds up its' end of the bargain.

I would be willing to bet that FIU goes somewhere else :)

Detroit is calling their name... they just need the MUTS to win this weekend. MUTS beat FIU this weekend, Troy will be co-champs. That would also make the MUTS bowl eligible. I could see Troy OR Middle going to New Orleans, the next pick would put the leftover (likely Troy) to the "Go Daddy Bowl", but only if the Belt can find a spot somewhere else for FIU... that slot would likely be the open slot in Detroit (Little Caesars Pizza Pizza Bowl, hehe - formerly the Motor City Bowl). It's all about the benjamins.

• Downvote 1

That's a television viewer nightmare. I watch way too many random bowl games. More than I'd like to admit. That, however, may be one I skip.

I agree with the earlier poster that said that UTEP travels well. I would agree. With no pro sports (or other colleges) near El Paso, the city really supports their team. They travel really well when they come down to Houston to play UH or Rice.

I would be willing to bet that FIU goes somewhere else :)

Detroit is calling their name... they just need the MUTS to win this weekend. MUTS beat FIU this weekend, Troy will be co-champs. That would also make the MUTS bowl eligible. I could see Troy OR Middle going to New Orleans, the next pick would put the leftover (likely Troy) to the "Go Daddy Bowl", but only if the Belt can find a spot somewhere else for FIU... that slot would likely be the open slot in Detroit (Little Caesars Pizza Pizza Bowl, hehe - formerly the Motor City Bowl). It's all about the benjamins.

i would rather go to New Orleans than Detroit but we wont be bowling this year :(