Whataburger On Ft Worth Drive

Boomer23

The same thing happened to the Taco Cabana right off of campus. Used to have a bunch of UNT pictures and decorations, but when they remodled the store they took them all down.

Also, my ex gf works at Freebirds and she told me Freebirds asked UNT if they could use the eagle logo in the store to help create a UNT vibe in the store, but UNT responded with a big NO. This sort of crap pisses me off...a store trying to show pride in the local school asks for permission to use a logo and the school shuts them down! Way to go North Texas...

Well, for starters, Freebirds could "show pride in the local school" by bartering just $1500-$2000 in product and becoming one of the University of North Texas Athletic Department's official Restaurant Partners. Hopefully, this option was communicated to Freebirds when they inquired about using the logo.

WTF. We want brand presence and the invitation is there. I mean, yes, Freebirds is making money off of UNT. Fine, it'll do it anyways due to it's location, so capitalize on it and SLAM the brand into any eyes that'll look at it. That's how branding works.

Not exactly. You don't just give away your trademarked logo for free. If you did, the other paying sponsors would have less reason to contribute. I agree we most definitely need more exposure and the published sponsorship packages don't offer much in return compared to most of the ones I've evaluated. I've always argued that the UNT Marketing Department, and Athletics in particular, is severely lacking in many aspects.

The little information publicly available makes it look like we're right in line with SMU and TCU?

UNT

TCU

SMU

Seems to me that it isn't much more complicated than any other school. Just 'too expensive and too much red tape' to do it for little ole' North Texas, huh?

Really, I don't give a crap how hard it is to stock UNT t-shirts in your store, just like I don't give a crap how hard it is to make a good burger and fries. I just want what I want. Make it happen, Retailer Guy.

I hope they put some NT pictures back up. I was at the McDonald's by campus in the early 2000's and, during football season, was handed my meal on a TEXAS TECH FOOTBALL place mat. Rudy was given some BS explanation, and he nearly wadded it up and tossed it back to them.

Wow, negative votes for standing up for my university. Nice.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Ever been to a Whataburger in College Station? They're decked out in A&M stuff. The tables have the A&M logo on them, the inside of the store is painted maroon and one of the stripes on the roof is painted maroon with the A&M logo. I've always wished one of the 3 Whataburgers around campus would adopt this technique.

Ever been to a Whataburger in College Station? They're decked out in A&M stuff. The tables have the A&M logo on them, the inside of the store is painted maroon and one of the stripes on the roof is painted maroon with the A&M logo. I've always wished one of the 3 Whataburgers around campus would adopt this technique.

I have to give props to the Chicken Express on Eagle. They painted the inside of the restraunt the same shade as our official green. A far cry from the Burger King that preceeded them.

I hope they put some NT pictures back up. I was at the McDonald's by campus in the early 2000's and, during football season, was handed my meal on a TEXAS TECH FOOTBALL place mat. Rudy was given some BS explanation, and he nearly wadded it up and tossed it back to them.

Wow, negative votes for standing up for my university. Nice.

don't mess with Micky D's bro

I was at the Whataburger on Ft Worth Drive last night and I was upset to discover that all of the UNT Alumni pictures and posters have been removed and replaced with the typical pictures of older Whataburgers.

It was a sad sight.

talking about pictures and posters, i guess i will take the opportunity to say I have order some large photos to frame from Rick Yeatts...football, dunbar, etc...the ones i ordered were 16x20 photos...about $30 bucks...they look great...framed in black...one in living room,, one in office with other framed pics of the stadium renderings and progress photos

Rick yeatts....I found him to be more than helpful and considerate when I had a problem with a photo enlargement....so, net net...if you want some nice photos of UNT football for your place...check rick yeatts photo gallery out....I think you can get to it via the MG Sports (unt athletics) site.

Whataburger hasn't been the same since they moved their corporate offices to San Antonio. I personally think it's more pathetic when BW3 won't display anything of NT up there at the one in Denton. But the same can be said for Rice and UH down here in H-town.

There is some UNT stuff by the men's bathroom

Loved those flying worm light fixtures at that McDonalds.

One of the few problems of the Fry era was how small Denton's population and UNT's enrollment were back in the mid-70's.

I used to beg my Dad to stop at that McDonalds, just so we could eat under the Flying Worm helmets.