Tcu To Big East

El Paso Eagle

Being top 5 in football hasn't been huge for their attendance has it?

I assume playing bball teams like Pitt, Notre Dame, Uconn, Georgetown, West Virginia, Villanova, etc. at home will cause a significant increase in their basketball attendance. I can't fathom how it wouldn't.

Oh, and Syracuse.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

TCU hasn't been able to capitalize on either CUSA (when it was good) or MWC strength. Obviously the Big East is a different animal, but I could see TCU being the doormat of that conference much easier than them being a power.

Being the doormat of a conference still will earn them recruits. Iowa State, a doormat for big 12 football, still gets good recruits.

Being the doormat of a conference still will earn them recruits. Iowa State, a doormat for big 12 football, still gets good recruits.

Sure, but good recruits want to play in the tournament, not play for a school just because they're in conference X. TCU's chances of making it to the tournament from the Big East are very small unless they can capitalize on the conference strength, which they haven't been able to figure out in the past.

Do you see TCU being able to regularly beat Uconn, Cincinatti, Providence, DePaul, Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, and South Florida? Those are just the schools that didn't make it. TCU would have to be better than all of them just to get an at-large bid if they were in the Big East last year.

Will their team be better than it was in CUSA or MWC? Probably. I don't see them making huge waves in the BE, though.

Sure, but good recruits want to play in the tournament, not play for a school just because they're in conference X. TCU's chances of making it to the tournament from the Big East are very small unless they can capitalize on the conference strength, which they haven't been able to figure out in the past.

Do you see TCU being able to regularly beat Uconn, Cincinatti, Providence, DePaul, Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, and South Florida? Those are just the schools that didn't make it. TCU would have to be better than all of them just to get an at-large bid if they were in the Big East last year.

Will their team be better than it was in CUSA or MWC? Probably. I don't see them making huge waves in the BE, though.

I really, REALLY hope you are right.

• Upvote 1

This might be a boom for TCU's B-Ball

The ability to get the top local/Texas talent to "stay home" and get to play in the Big East. This could be big if they play it right

I dont see their bball program getting any better than ours, they play in the toughest conference and an 5-11 conference record in the MWC last year. I dont see them making the leap any time soon. But it would be nice to see the big east live

I don't think that's a valid argument. If you were a big time player, I'd much rather go play in the big east where scouts are watching every game and you're competing against the top talent. You'll also play in the Big East tournament every year in MSG that draws a lot more viewers than a first round exit game that we play. How many NBA players does the Big East churn out? How many NBA players does the Sun Belt have?

TCU basketball will get a lot better because of their new conference affilitation, but that DOES NOT mean that our program is going to go downhill because of it. At the end of the day, they are just 1 team. Are they going to take players from us in the future? Probably. Are we going to get players that have TCU offers in the future as well? Probably. You could copy/paste UNC into Ft. Worth and it would not destroy our basketball program.

• Upvote 1

Geez that's huge for their program. They need to get better fast or they will be the bottom feeders easy! So does that make 17 basketball teams in the conference now?

yes it does...something about 3 double conference games, along with the others, decided by espn and someone else.