Any One Else Think This Is Ridiculous?

NMBNTC

LOL!!!!!!! 86 That's it! That is the chant that the Spirit Committee said the university had collectively come up with to answer concerns over the lack of a unified chant. I explained in detail how other schools bring the house down with their versions of unified chants and how Fireman Ed, all by himself get 80,000 JETS fans on their feet, yet this was their answer to it?

Thank you for reminding me.

Rick

Here we go about the band again, but the problem with that chant is that is generic and used across the country by other high schools and universities. We should be able to do better.

It all goes back to the inferiority complex around this football program. It seems even RV is inflicted. You dont address random facebook comments by making a creepy telephone call to a freaking cheerleader (no offense) who is not a monetary contributor to the program.

You complain about stupid things. There's nothing creepy about the head of an athletic department calling a cheerleading captain who criticized the department in a public forum.

• Upvote 2

I luv' (not that kind of love, thank you) UNT AD Rick V because he is a "pro-active guy who does mostly good but does bust his britches every once in a while, too. (Don't we all sorta' do that)?

I don't like a 1 or 2 of his hires and 1 or 2 he has retained on staff, though--that's all I will say on that.

But as a public figure he knows he will have to take the bitter with the sweet and he all but said that yesterday as he announced Coach Mac as our new HFC and had to handle the dumb-ass who brought up our present football players "non-uprising" issue which RV handled quite well IMHO. (Couldn't that question been asked after the news conference and away from the new hires and all their guests)? :ph34r:

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It all goes back to the inferiority complex around this football program. It seems even RV is inflicted. You dont address random facebook comments by making a creepy telephone call to a freaking cheerleader (no offense) who is not a monetary contributor to the program.

But what is different is that it is the captain of the cheerleading squad. Not just a random student out of 36k. That would be my guess as to why RV made the call. That is the leader of a highly visible organization on campus and some respects face of the university. Don't know if it is still the case, but during my days the squad routinely competed for and won championships. My point is high visibility. So when the captain of said team shows public dissent it should be addressed. I don't have a problem with him addressing it, it is weird though that it was a phone call on a Sunday night.

Side note, I am amazed at how dumb people are when posting things on Facebook and other social media sites. I am NOT saying what she posted was dumb. Just more of a soap box thing for me that people are either so naive or vain to not realize how easy it is for others to find posts that they make.

And finally I agree that I don't think there is much of a stigma associated with being a male cheerleader. If so it would be jealousy on the part of someone who wishes that they had such close contact with attractive coeds and had the strength and ability it takes to be a cheerleader.