Sbc 11/19

No idea what to make of Hofstra...they blew out some sap in their opener, then got run by UNC in the first round of the PR tourney. They're usually a perimeter oriented team, but 31 3pt attempts isn't outrageous. Who knows...but I would like to think WKU will bounce back.

Campbell is 0-2, though both losses were some pretty tough road games @ VT and E. Carolina...and they hung tough with both. Coming off a 19 win season. I was impressed with the talent of MTSU in their game with UAB...but I fear Kermit Davis will find a way to eff this game up. I'd say this is a toss up.

Georgia State lost at McNeese earlier this year and is coming off a 12-20 season. Troy didn't give Bama a sweat. Troy should be the better team here, I'm just afraid of their falling back into just 3s territory and then going ice cold.

Cleveland State is 4-0, but all home games with their best win coming against an OK Kent State team. ULL actually looked good decent much better than USA, ASU the other night in hanging with Creighton. I have high hopes for a W here.

No idea what to make of Hofstra...they blew out some sap in their opener, then got run by UNC in the first round of the PR tourney. They're usually a perimeter oriented team, but 31 3pt attempts isn't outrageous. Who knows...but I would like to think WKU will bounce back.

Campbell is 0-2, though both losses were some pretty tough road games @ VT and E. Carolina...and they hung tough with both. Coming off a 19 win season. I was impressed with the talent of MTSU in their game with UAB...but I fear Kermit Davis will find a way to eff this game up. I'd say this is a toss up.

Georgia State lost at McNeese earlier this year and is coming off a 12-20 season. Troy didn't give Bama a sweat. Troy should be the better team here, I'm just afraid of their falling back into just 3s territory and then going ice cold.

Cleveland State is 4-0, but all home games with their best win coming against an OK Kent State team. ULL actually looked good decent much better than USA, ASU the other night in hanging with Creighton. I have high hopes for a W here.

I don't think Western gets knocked around again. Losing to Minnesota and Tubby Smith is very understandable. WKU should take this one without much trouble.

Agree with a toss-up in MTSU vs. Campbell. We really need to start getting some of these toss-ups, though.

I still think Troy is the dregs of the conference this year. Even worse than ULM. I think any other SBC team would be a clear favorite against Georgia State... But this is probably another toss-up.

The book on Cleveland State is a weak interior, talented and deep perimeter lineup. If ULL had a strong frontcourt (Bureau at sub 200 lbs doesn't qualify) or the depth to defend that kind of opponent (which they haven't really shown in any game I've been able to see)... I'd share the hopes for a W. I'll go the other way and say this has the potential to be the biggest blowout of the night.

Western and one of the two toss-up games would be an adequate night. 3 out of 4 would make me feel better about the week.

A couple of my buddies from MTSU absolutely hate Kermit Davis. When you talk with the MTSU fan in general in Hot Springs for the tournament, the feeling is that he'll find a way to screw it up.

Not been really impressed with the SBC OOC play so far this year. I'm hoping to see more from WKU (which I expect we will) and ASU.

I'd also really like ULL to find their legs in hoop again in the next year or two. The conference is much better for it when the Cajuns are formitable in basketball.

A couple of my buddies from MTSU absolutely hate Kermit Davis. When you talk with the MTSU fan in general in Hot Springs for the tournament, the feeling is that he'll find a way to screw it up.

Not been really impressed with the SBC OOC play so far this year. I'm hoping to see more from WKU (which I expect we will) and ASU.

I'd also really like ULL to find their legs in hoop again in the next year or two. The conference is much better for it when the Cajuns are formitable in basketball.

I said it the other night...can't remember if it was in a chat or a thread...but I for the life of me can not understand how Davis kept his job after coaching that '08 team to the middle of the pack in conference...Kanaskie, Green, Johnson, Yates...that team was loaded with talent and fresh off an improbable run to the conference tourney final.

The man over-coaches like nobody I've ever seen before...up the whole game, yelling at the kids on the floor, pleading with the kids on his bench, subbing every dead ball...he's kinda like the guy in the office who is always moving quickly and shuffling papers but never actually accomplishes anything. It's as if he's trying to show his AD and fans that he's doing something.

MTSU has talent again...Washington, Gallman, J. Jones and Emmanuel are talented guards while Hunt, S. Jones, Sulton and to a lesser extent Ottley give MTSU an imposing and athletic front-line. They should've beat UAB and they should beat Campbell...

But...