Wku - Unt Video Is Free On Your Computer

NT80

I've always thought what they do seemed a little odd. Is what they do illegal?

Well, the site doesn't claim to *host* any of the feeds, so they are claiming they are in the clear, legally. You hear the same arguments for torrents as well, since technically the users aren't hosting the whole files, but serving up little chunks. Legally, however, torrent user are charged and lose their legal fights.

All in all, who cares, right? If it is online and there for free, who cares! If you can afford it, you shouldn't act bush league, fair pay for fair use. I can't believe anyone would argue that. If the KSU game isn't on TV, but 20k of their fans watch the rebroadcasted streams from channelsurfing, it would be taking 160k directly from UNT's potential gain -- which we obviously need.

This isnt' the same case of stealing from cable companies or bypassing ESPN PPV -- these are small time programs doing something for their fans, and they need to revenue to keep it going.

-1000 for me.