Thanksgiving Hoopfest

Scrappy '03

Jarion Henry lists 13 universities where he has medium interest on Rivals. Baylor, SMU, Texas and UTEP are the only Texas schools that he lists. It appears that he has no love for us and I have no love for the four listed.

He's also apparently not going to sign early, and he'll spend an entire HS season playing with (and hearing from) Jordan Williams before he makes a decision in April.

I'm not holding my breath, but unless Henry inks somewhere in 2 weeks, I wouldn't rule us out completely.

Jordan Williams...you bet your boots. Jarion Henry???

Jarion Henry lists 13 universities where he has medium interest on Rivals. Baylor, SMU, Texas and UTEP are the only Texas schools that he lists. It appears that he has no love for us and I have no love for the four listed.

Take that Rivals list with a grain of salt. It is generally very innacurate. Show love to him and you got a great shot of getting love back.

Take that Rivals list with a grain of salt. It is generally very innacurate. Show love to him and you got a great shot of getting love back.

I take in about 50% of what rivals says and even that is sometimes too much.

I'm not saying we will land Henry , but I wouldn't say we are out of the picture by any means

Henry is undoubtedly one of the best players in the state and I would love to have him. But, I don't understand how Rivals can be so wrong. Their information comes either from the player or his coach. Who's giving the false information? Or does Rivals just make this up?

What I can hope for is that once Henry plays with and gets to know his new teammate then he might be sold on continuing that relationship in college. There would have to be something lucky about having the #7 and #11 players from the same team in the same class.

Henry is undoubtedly one of the best players in the state and I would love to have him. But, I don't understand how Rivals can be so wrong. Their information comes either from the player or his coach. Who's giving the false information? Or does Rivals just make this up?

What I can hope for is that once Henry plays with and gets to know his new teammate then he might be sold on continuing that relationship in college. There would have to be something lucky about having the #7 and #11 players from the same team in the same class.

Coaches may not want a recruit to show they have an offer from their school or a kid can say he got an offer from a school just to give his profile more cred. Also they often fall behind on updating committs

Just take a look at the prospects under UNT

Ben Dillard has a handful of offers , including UNT. Nothing listed

Karim York doesn't show a UNT offer , which he had

Dorrian Williams is shown as uncommitted , but he verballed to Missouri State about a month ago.

That's just a quick rundown I saw in 3 minutes. Rivals does have some good info , but you just can't trust everything it says.

*Henry does have an offer from UNT

Edited by NT03

Rivals is very slow in updating thier info. Henry has been on campus and liked it. Its just a waiting game and who is showing love

the dirty little secret is that many, if not most coaches these days, lead kids on. Everyone is led to believe they have a scholarship, so kids list schools to services etc. Staffs use their rivals/scout publishers to pump info out of kids. By doing what the staff wants, rivals/scout get more access etc. They use publishers to get info the kids wouldn't give to the staff's themselves etc. The reality is that rivals/scout etc, report more inaccurate offers than actual offers, b/c they get their lists from the kids. Many staffs are new media savvy as well. I've seen certain publishers build a player profile for a non-prospect, just as a favor to the staff, who were recruiting non-prospects best friend.