Reality Check -Forget Leach

MizzouTigers

Hire Jim Leavitt NOW! He hired Canales twice, so he knows how to work with him. Get Leavitt on the ground now and he will kick it up a notch and close out the year on the upswing, put some butts in the seats for your last homes games and get started recruiting both Texas and Florida.

Leavitt is an excellent idea and Canales would be the perfect tie-in coach to help him with the current team. The only issue is there may still need to be some damage control with his previous situation and firing. I don't want that to be the media's focus or any of our recruit's parent's concerns.

Leavitt hit one of his players in front of his team during half time of a game and then tried to cover it up. This is the worst suggestion ever!

And you know this how?

Oh, that's right...you read it on a blog written by a guy that believes Leavitt got him fired from The St Petersberg Times.

It was set-up screw job by a rookie AD that came onboard a few years ago. Leavitt was not his guy and he was looking for a way to fire the "Father of USF Football" and not have to pay him anything at all.

Leavitt is an excellent idea and Canales would be the perfect tie-in coach to help him with the current team. The only issue is there may still need to be some damage control with his previous situation and firing. I don't want that to be the media's focus or any of our recruit's parent's concerns.

I think you guys are close enough to Lubbock to know what a BS deal that was. Well...The USF deal was a much bigger, stinkier pile of Bevo poo than that.

Or at least not wasting the effort here?

Rick Villarreal: Email and Phone. Let HIM know. If you spent 30 seconds searching the forum, you'd know that Leavitt is a pretty popular candidate.

But telling us we ought to hire him like we're a bunch of idiots who don't even realize we ought to want him makes me so annoyed, I swear I could just grab you by the throat and slam you into a locker or something.

No need...There's an AD in your conference that worked with Jim at Kansas State. I wouldn't be surprised if he and RV have already been chatting.

Edited by MizzouTigers

Haven't you ever done something you regretted in a rit of fealous jage?

Yeah, the cover-up exposes a character flaw, Homer, I agree. Enough to scrutinize and grill him about that aspect of his personality. Not enough to bar him from the coaching profession as long as there is not an existing pattern of behavior there.

I wish he had just had the courage to say, "yeah, I'm sorry, I'm human, I eff'd up!".

No, admitting something he absolutely did not do would be cowardice.

A former Florida State Trooper (now an FBI Agent) has sworn out an affidavit that he was right there and stated Leavitt did not grab Miller by the throat nor was there a slap. Doug Woolard decided this professional law enforcement officer wasn't credible, but a couple of disgruntled players were. No agenda there, huh?

Edited by MizzouTigers
  • Upvote 1

How am I treating you like idiots (although there are a few here that had some really intelligent replies)?

I love your input to this thread but the main question is why would Leavitt come here or want to come here? What makes you believe he would want to come to North Texas and coach in the Sunbelt when he pretty much single handedly made USF Football what it is today? Just with that kind of resume his is a serious catch for any decent program out there that is a highly regard Non AQ school or a middle of the pack BCS school.

I love your input to this thread but the main question is why would Leavitt come here or want to come here? What makes you believe he would want to come to North Texas and coach in the Sunbelt when he pretty much single handedly made USF Football what it is today? Just with that kind of resume his is a serious catch for any decent program out there that is a highly regard Non AQ school or a middle of the pack BCS school.

Why?

Because he wants to coach football. Because he is a workaholic and because North Texas located in a recruit rich state as is Florida. Because you've got a brand new stadium and because you have administrators, alums and fans that want to win.

Why isn't North Texas getting the recruits from Texas that Missouri is getting? As a Mizzou Alum, I personally want to thank you Texans for giving us the kind of impact players that made a couple of our teams one of, if not the very best, teams in our history.

Edited by MizzouTigers

It's simply unrealistic to think Leach would consider the job. No offense to you guys, but Leach will wait for a bigger and better offer and he will have them. North Texas has a lot of potential to be a great program with the right work-a-holic in charge.

Hire Jim Leavitt NOW! He hired Canales twice, so he knows how to work with him. Get Leavitt on the ground now and he will kick it up a notch and close out the year on the upswing, put some butts in the seats for your last homes games and get started recruiting both Texas and Florida.

If you love Jim Leavitt so much why don't you just go marry him?

Why?

Because he wants to coach football. Because he is a workaholic and because North Texas located in a recruit rich state as is Florida. Because you've got a brand new stadium and because you have administrators, alums and fans that want to win.

Why isn't North Texas getting the recruits from Texas that Missouri is getting? As a Mizzou Alum, I personally want to thank you Texans for giving us the kind of impact players that made a couple of our teams one of, if not the very best, teams in our history.

And as a Texan, I'd like to kick you in the dick for never beating anyone worth a crap in our state, even when we want you to.

Why?

If those were selling point then maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we are in after all these decades. I think the biggest hurdle for us is perception, history of being bad, and money. All those things combined wouldn't make Leavitt die to come here...at least I don't think.

If those were selling point then maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we are in after all these decades. I think the biggest hurdle for us is perception, history of being bad, and money. All those things combined wouldn't make Leavitt die to come here...at least I don't think.

Dude...He left the DC job at K-State that paid him $95,000 to accept the USF head coach job which paid $75,000 and no buildings to work from. He worked out of trailers for years before they finally built a building with offices. It's killing him to watch football on TV instead of being on the sidelines.

As far as recruiting and selling a program, in the beginning at USF he had to go out and recruit kids with this...

"We're going to practice for two years before we play our first game."

I think you guys have a lot more than you know. I think it's the perfect job waiting to happen to an experienced college head coach and not a high school coach. A D-1 head coach is more of an administrator than a coach. You have to know who the coaches are to hire and then have the experience to manage and supervise them.

Edited by MizzouTigers
  • Upvote 2