It's Not About Being A Dissapointed Fan...

I could not agree with this post more.

If you look at this season for what it is, it is the stuff that movies are made out of because of the pain and tribulations that everyone in this program has gone through....

Nobody can be happy with the record of our football team, but in the past couple of days I have never been more proud to wear my school letters and support our football team. Let the chips fall where they may at the end of the season, but for me, it is no longer about the wins, loses, or who the next coach might be, it is about being proud of a group of guys that have faced so much diversity this season. This team might go 1-11, but I couldnt be more proud of them if they were 11-1.

• Upvote 3

Rick,

I applaud your voicing what seems to be the obvious, but that which I could not see in my self-focused state.

This team of ours asks little from us...they sweat, fight, bleed, break, heal and return to fight again for little in return.

No one can argue the value of a free education, but I seriously doubt that what our guys get from this is worth that alone. These are men, far better than most of us, who put themselves up to scrutiny, who give it there best whether we measure it as good enough or not. These men are in the arena...and compete admirably to the finish.

We should never make too much of this, but we should willingly give back in equal measure to what they give us.

If there was some way to raise a glass (or something of greater value) to these men, on the field, so that they may see that we care and admire and honor and respect....if there was, I would gladly do so.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Rick,

I applaud your voicing what seems to be the obvious, but that which I could not see in my self-focused state.

Great posts. This is absolutely the most bizarre set of circumstances that I've seen a football program go through with all of the injuries and the way that the injuries have occurred (even going back to Summer and the Darius Carey hand injury).

I can't even get mad about losing anymore this season because so much of the team's adversity is just out of their control (injuries and the tragic death of a teammate). I still do adhere to "No Excuses" and expect our leadership to make the necessary changes based on Win/Loss records, but my expectations for this year have been completely revised.

I really felt badly for the team after the ULL loss, mostly because they really did fight hard. I'm really proud of the team for continuing to prepare and play with pride. I've seen teams shutdown under much less difficult circumstances.

However this strange season ends, we'll have better days ahead. Let's rally around our boys, get through this mess, and keep the bar set very high for the future.

• Upvote 1

I love the players' walkover before the game with the band, cheerleaders, dancers, and Scrappy. It is a great way for us to express our support. But I would like to suggest that maybe it is time a group got together after the game Saturday, win or lose, to express our support to the players and the coaches as they leave the stadium. Yes, even the coaches because they are still part of the Mean Green Family. So, is there anybody that is up for it this week?

• Upvote 2

I could not agree with this post more.

If you look at this season for what it is, it is the stuff that movies are made out of because of the pain and tribulations that everyone in this program has gone through....

Nobody can be happy with the record of our football team, but in the past couple of days I have never been more proud to wear my school letters and support our football team. Let the chips fall where they may at the end of the season, but for me, it is no longer about the wins, loses, or who the next coach might be, it is about being proud of a group of guys that have faced so much diversity this season. This team might go 1-11, but I couldnt be more proud of them if they were 11-1.

" WE ARE MARSHALL !!!"

• Upvote 1