Trey Norris

NT03

I know most of the talk has been about Williams , here is a little love to Norris : ESPN

Graded out as a 86 & the 74th ranked PG in the nation

Strengths :

Norris is a true point guard that has excellent quickness. He is very heady and does a nice job of running his team and getting others involved with his ability to get into the lane and deliver the ball. Norris sets the ton on defense with his ball pressure and does a great job of drawing fouls and getting to the foul line.

Weakness:

Norris must work to become a better three point shooter in order to set up his ability to penetrate, pass and score because he is a good finisher for his size.

Bottom Line:

Norris is a true floor leader with great quickness that sets the tone on both ends of the floor with his ability to get in the lane to score or get teammates involved. His game will go to the next level as his shooting improves.

I know most of the talk has been about Williams , here is a little love to Norris : ESPN

Graded out as a 86 & the 74th ranked PG in the nation

Strengths :

Norris is a true point guard that has excellent quickness. He is very heady and does a nice job of running his team and getting others involved with his ability to get into the lane and deliver the ball. Norris sets the ton on defense with his ball pressure and does a great job of drawing fouls and getting to the foul line.

Weakness:

Norris must work to become a better three point shooter in order to set up his ability to penetrate, pass and score because he is a good finisher for his size.

Bottom Line:

Norris is a true floor leader with great quickness that sets the tone on both ends of the floor with his ability to get in the lane to score or get teammates involved. His game will go to the next level as his shooting improves.

That is a nice, nice writeup.

Congrats to Trey on getting some ESPN love.

I was with this kid all summer and watch him go up against some of the best guards in the nation. I watched him lead Showtyme to countless wins all summer in national tournaments. The kid is a beast and has even more upside.

Good player, not hating at all. It's just that nobody who spent time on the circuit this summer agrees that he's the best local PG, and that includes heads, local ballers, evaluators, coaches etc. If he were 6'2 he'd have upside, unfortunately he's a mighty mite. He'll be good for UNT, no argument there. I just don't buy the best local PG line for a second, and glad you qualified it, that's all.

• Downvote 3

"He'll be good for UNT, no argument there."

It's this backhanded compliment stuff that makes you the biggest douche we have over here. If you were a fan of a REAL basketball program, like say Duke, UNC, even Memphis, you'd have room to be so smug. You support S M U. SMU!! i don't even need to tell you how big of a joke that is. You coming over here and talking down about our program when you support SMU is like a guy who dates Phyllis Diller knocking a guy who dates Phyllis George.

• Upvote 1

It's this backhanded compliment stuff that makes you the biggest douche we have over here. If you were a fan of a REAL basketball program, like say Duke, UNC, even Memphis, you'd have room to be so smug. You support S M U. SMU!! i don't even need to tell you how big of a joke that is. You coming over here and talking down about our program when you support SMU is like a guy who dates Phyllis Diller knocking a guy who dates Phyllis George.

Careful Emmitt. Phyllis Diller could be married to a UNT alum.

• Upvote 2

Good player, not hating at all. It's just that nobody who spent time on the circuit this summer agrees that he's the best local PG, and that includes heads, local ballers, evaluators, coaches etc. If he were 6'2 he'd have upside, unfortunately he's a mighty mite. He'll be good for UNT, no argument there. I just don't buy the best local PG line for a second, and glad you qualified it, that's all.

Funny that I have had this conversation with several heads, local ballers, evaluators, and coaches and they agree he is in the top. Maybe not the top, like I said, but definitely in the top. And I guess Earl Boykins, Spud Webb, and Mougsy Bogues didn't have an upside either right? You know, not being 6'2" and all. I never knew that your height is what determined if you still had room to get better.

Edited by Scrappy '03
  • Upvote 3

Funny that I have had this conversation with several heads, local ballers, evaluators, and coaches and they agree he is in the top. Maybe not the top, like I said, but definitely in the top. And I guess Earl Boykins, Spud Webb, and Mougsy Bogues didn't have an upside either right? You know, not being 6'2" and all. I never knew that your height is what determined if you still had room to get better.

I don't know where you came from, but I'm glad you found your way here in time for early recruiting season.

Stick around. Don't go anywhere.

J.J. Barea definitely didn't have an upside either.

Of course not. He's short and from another country. What's the other guard for Dallas that didn't have an upside either, Bubois or something like that?

Kevin Laue wanted me to tell you all this list is for amateurs.

Height is absolutely a huge part of a kid's ceiling. What do you think of 6'5 PFs? Think they have big upside? As for your examples, Trey isn't on the same planet as Bogues, Spud or Earl. Hell, I grew up in baltimore, so to even mention Mugsy in the same breathe as Trey is comical. One was an all-time great, that ran the show for possibly the best public school high school team in the last 35 years. He was a high major recruit at 5'3, same w/Spud. There are always exceptions to the rule, they just aren't likely

I'm a Maryland grad and Terp, first and foremost. Trey will be good for UNT, cause that's his level as deemed by everyone offering free rides. This isn't an SMU perspective, Trey is what he is. Good player, limited upside, mid major kid. If Maryland got a verbal from Trey, the fans would revolt, is that what you want to hear?

LOL, did you guys see the new texashoops.com rankings? Trey did not fair so well.

Any of you ever seen Sterling Gibbs? His final 2 were Maryland & Pitt. That's a far cry from what Trey had on the table. Carry on.

Beating my head with a ball peen hammer > HoopManX

• Downvote 1