How Did Your Man Do ?

EagleMBA

Shavod Atkinson fought another great battle in the trenches last night. A solo tackle plus he was credited for a couple of assists. He blocked the field goal attempt with great penetration on that play! Once again he was a force.

Hopefully he is not knicked up enough to hamper his play at Army because Shavod will need to be on his game for our defense to hold down Army.

My hat is off to you once again, Shavod, for a great effort against Rice.

I could not be prouder of Nathan Tune, he stood in there an battled to end to give UNT a chance. What a trooper when he gave the crowd the claw I started to tear up.

I hope they are wrong about Nathan coming not coming back, I wish he could be there for conference games this year.

I could not be prouder of Nathan Tune, he stood in there an battled to end to give UNT a chance. What a trooper when he gave the crowd the claw I started to tear up.

I hope they are wrong about Nathan coming not coming back, I wish he could be there for conference games this year.

I hope that when he recovers that he'll be in uniform on the sidelines. Even if he can't play I think that it would give a morale boost to the team and the fans.

Didn't pick a player, but there are several that had great games. Kelvin Jackson, Atkinson, and Phillips may have all had their career best games. Robertson really played well, other than the opening play; the defense played very good despite some awful field position. Their tight end killed NT but in my view it was more Rice making some excellent plays to him than bad coverage. On the offensive side, we saw the potential of Stradford that we have been waiting for. Of course I can't leave out Tune, that had a very good and courageous game. The offensive line probably because of the injuries, really suffered; Tune and Dunbar really had to work to get yards.

Thompson could not repeat the miracle in Jonesboro (I know, we didn't win that game, but we will call it a miracle anyway since it seems many on here consider close games miracle material).

1-1 for, what, 10 yards?

Check back next week, as I am very sure I will have much more to report.

God Bless Nathan Tune. Here is hoping for a quick recovery.

Need I say more since he's part of the delapitated Special Teams? Atterberry shanked another Punt Saturday, but that's nothing new. And even though he averaged 43 yards for his seven Punts, which is about average, he did have that one 65-yard boot! But him sending a kickoff out-of-bounds is par for what the Green's Special Team play has been for 3+ years. Nowhere to go but ^UP^ for the Special Teams, and the Team!