Big East Commish - Biig 10 Expansion & Replacments

http://www.examiner.com/x-30425-College-Football-Examiner~y2010m5d25-Big-East-commissioner-addresses-Big-Ten-expansion-and-five-candidates-to-join-the-Big-East

Writers opinion.Possible Big East targets from CUSA ?

East Carolina

Central Florida

Edited by MeanGreen61

http://www.examiner.com/x-30425-College-Football-Examiner~y2010m5d25-Big-East-commissioner-addresses-Big-Ten-expansion-and-five-candidates-to-join-the-Big-East

Writers opinion.Possible Big East targets from CUSA ?

East Carolina

Central Florida

I would also guess that ECU and UCF (and maybe Memphis) will be picked off from C-USA by the Big East.

I would also guess that ECU and UCF (and maybe Memphis) will be picked off from C-USA by the Big East.

If Memphis, UCF, and ECU go to a revamped Big East, I would expect CUSA would immediately replace with MTSU, FAU, and La Tech. That gives them more TV markets to sell to a network and it gives them exposure in areas that they still want to be in. One thing that this could do, though, is if Boise State, Fresno State and La Tech leave the WAC, an Eastern move to the WAC with ULL and Ark State might still be available for us. That would give us this new conference lineup:

UNT, ULL, ASU, NMSU, Hawaii, Utah State, SJSU, Idaho, Nevada

That compares with an SBC that would look like this if MUTS and FAU leave:

UNT, ASU, ULL, ULM, WKU, USA, FIU, and Troy

Which of those two possibilities is better? Nevada and Hawaii have been good in the WAC, while Troy has been good in the SBC. All of those teams are far away, but I guess the SBC has the time zone advantage, but the WAC has the prestige advantage. I don't know which one looks better for UNT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1