All Decade Nt Basketball Team

NT has just concluded 10 years in the Belt, so it maybe appropriate to debate all decade and/or all Belt teams for NT. Starting with the easiest to discuss, men's basketball. The first year in the Belt, was Trilli's last year and the team was a disastrous 4-24. Johnny Jones has been here the other nine years with a record of 150-121 making NT 154-145 in the last ten years.

Starting with the center position, my choice would be George Odufawa with another year to go. He has the highest rebound average for one year during the period by over 2 a game, 10.7 last year. He also was second team All Conference selection last year (he got robbed) and as such is the only NT big man to get this high an honor. He was also on last years all Belt tournament team. My second team choice would be Keith Wooden who when healthy and in something resembling in-shape was as good as offensive center as I have seen in the Green.

At the four, I will go with Eric Tremiel. The team's leading scorer and rebounder in his junior year. Third team all conference in both his years at NT. Tournament MVP last year. For second team will go with Quincy Williams who led the team in rebounding for two years and was a very consistent player for all four years at NT.

At the wings or shooting guards the number one choice is easy, Chris Davis. Joining him on the first team is Calvin Watson. Calvin was Belt Tournament MVP in 2007 and a four year player who got better every year. The first of my second team selections are Leonard Hopkins who led the team in scoring for two years and was second team all conference for two years. The other second teamer with a year to go, is Tristan Thompson. A player who gets better every year and hopefully the best is still to come.

At point, Josh White is an easy pick. He may not be technically the best point for NT but he is definitely the best player who played point for the decade. One of the best clutch players in NT history. Always seems to put the team ahead of any personal play. Second team All Belt his freshman year and third team his junior year. All Belt tournament his sophomore year. Second team all decade would be Isaac Hines who once led the team in rebounding from the point position.

MVP of the decade again is easy, Chris Davis. Surprisingly the only player from NT to make first team All Belt and he did that twice. He played in the Sun Belt for three years in which he led the team in scoring and assists and led the team in rebounding for two years. One of the best players in school history.

Edited by GrandGreen

Mark Wilson, Curtis Muse, Roderick Flemings, Chris Babb and Tyrus Thomas.

Lets see, Wilson was a juco AA who left the team before a game, Flemings a transfer from OSU who apparently couldn't cut it academically until he went to Hawaii, Curtis Muse an early sign juco who didn't make it academically and wasn't that good anyway, Babb who for some reason many thought NT had a chance at, and Thomas who apparently NT recruited before he signed with LSU. I guess a list of what could have been? Too bad this is an all decade team are you could throw in Vinnie Johnson, Terry Teagle and Spud Webb.