Assuming A Scholly Is Available

emmitt01

I agree with ADLER. I think we can and should be able to recruit and find space for both of them.

But, if I had to choose one and only one... I'd go with Babb. Even though 6'10" guys don't grow on trees and we've just gotten a verbal from a very promising shooting guard... Babb has already gone out and averaged just under 10 points per game playing for a Big 10 team. A crappy Big 10 team, to boot.

He's a sure thing. The guy can play very well against top level D-1 opponents. He's already proven it for an entire season.

I think Morgan could be a great player here, at least as good as Martavious Adams at ASU or something similar to what Wooden or Odufuwa brought to the table as D-1 transfers. Possibly much more if he's properly motivated, which I think he would be. Especially considering how his circumstances (and options) have changed in 2 years.

But if I had to have one, and only one, of those two guys... I'd lean towards Babb. Take the proven commodity.

Though I do want both.

I agree with ADLER. I think we can and should be able to recruit and find space for both of them.

But, if I had to choose one and only one... I'd go with Babb. Even though 6'10" guys don't grow on trees and we've just gotten a verbal from a very promising shooting guard... Babb has already gone out and averaged just under 10 points per game playing for a Big 10 team. A crappy Big 10 team, to boot.

He's a sure thing. The guy can play very well against top level D-1 opponents. He's already proven it for an entire season.

I think Morgan could be a great player here, at least as good as Martavious Adams at ASU or something similar to what Wooden or Odufuwa brought to the table as D-1 transfers. Possibly much more if he's properly motivated, which I think he would be. Especially considering how his circumstances (and options) have changed in 2 years.

But if I had to have one, and only one, of those two guys... I'd lean towards Babb. Take the proven commodity.

Though I do want both.

I'd add that Babb managed 9.3ppg on a team with Talor Battle taking nearly twice as many shots as anyone else on the team...459FA for Battle, Babb was second with 239.

Babb would drop 17+ a night in the Sun Belt...like Tasty said, give me the proven commodity, though I too think its very do-able to land both now.

If I could be assured that J'Mison Morgan was sincere about being in shape and playing at an NBA entry level, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to take him over Babb.

I think that the decision is made easier by the commitment from R J McGhee. While I would love to have two 2/3 the caliber of McGhee and Babb, I think that a truly talented big man, a speedy, heady point guard and a shooting guard the caliber of McGhee can get you to the NCAA tournament most years.

As much as the 'proven' commodity means, I believe I'm with CMJ on this one. Can't coach size! Having a 6'10" Bobo would change EVERYTHING.

If RJ McGhee is the real deal, then he should be able to get a little court time next year behind Tristan and pick up the slack for him in 2011-12. Babb would be awesome to have, but I'll take Bobo if I'm forced to choose.

H.S. player would be nice if the player were named Tony Mitchell, otherwise, I'll take one of the other two.

Of course, if Mangrum is coming back, then I'm fine with having him on the team instead. He'll be in for a great Sr. campaign.

Did I tell you about the time I sacked Ronnie Morgan twice in the PEB?...

Actually, I played against Ronnie in the PEB during the off season. He was a legit 6' 5" and weighed around 270. He had a stomach, but he definitelty was not soft. He would have never made the NBA, as the demand for 6'5" post players (aside from Sir Charles) is non-existent.

Edited by UNT90