Sunday Selection Show @ The Pourhouse

UNTflyer

This also could be a sales opportunity for the Athletic Dept. If the venue had enough space this event could be used to sell SBC Champion T-shirts, MG apparel, and promote seat availability for basketball season ticket sales next season.

It's also about access. You want enough space to have access for donors, students, current season ticket holders, and general fans to feel a part of the event - not detached in another room watching it all on TV.

You are assuming that it if was the Ath Center, that random non-fans would show up?

In regards to access, thats a beef you'll have with the AD. That room has seating for 70 plus standing room. Get there early and be a part of it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's the point....I shouldn't have to get there early to be a part of it. Access is the key to if this event works at your location, or not. <_<

Personally I don't see a problem with having to get there a little early for a major event. If the event is televised I would rather it be packed then for there to be a bunch of empty seats for the cameras.

You'll be a part of it, no matter when you get there. You just might not make it on TV

Will the UNT bookstore be there with the SBC Conference Champions T-Shirt for sale? I am planning on coming up, but the book store is closed on Sundays, so I wont be able to get a shirt. It would be great if they had some booth with T-shirts and other paraphernalia at this event.

The Pourhouse is a terrible place to hold this! That theater room is too small. This should be done at the Pit.

I agree. I went there for the Okla.State-UNT basketball game after the groundbreaking event, and they had the TCU football game on- I asked them to change it to the game and he said "We have some TCU customers here" Unbelievable. I asked him if I was in Ft. Worth if they would be televising tghe UNT game instead of TCU. I left shortly thereafter.

• Upvote 3

The Pourhouse is fine. It's accessible for non-students (which means those that have money) and students alike (cuz its close). As far as being too small: it fits the size of the true fan base. They have been the most dedicated to the Cause the whole season.

Its kind of a biatch to get any local places to put on the unt games. "what? oh UT doesn't play til 8" "what game?" "who?"

So after having been at that Ball St opener, and because JJ wants it there, it should be fine by us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's a moot point for us. Tomorrow is the one Sunday a month I have to work. sad.gif I'll have to rush home just to see it on TV. Wish we could be there.

GMG!

You'll be a part of it, no matter when you get there. You just might not make it on TV

I'm sure it will turn out fine.

The bigger issue is will we get a close game site like OKC or New Orleans so our fans can travel easily?

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1