Tiger's New Conference

OK, I did not see it live, but I admit to watching a replay of Tiger's press conference this morning. Read it all, no questions and close call for tears (seemed to get a bit misty eyed soon into the reading). He also seemed to "lash out" a bit at reporters for their coverage of his wife and the idea that he had taken/or may have taken "performance enhancing drugs". All in all, exactly what you would have expected at this point. No mention of a date for his return to golf although there continues to be speculation that it will be at this year's Masters.

He certainly needed to take this "first step", but a first step only it was indeed. Sorry but this sort of thing just hammers home the point that everyone appears sorry and remorseful ONCE THEY GET CAUIGHT. He even did the "standard", "I lost my way", "I thought the rules didn't apply to me", and the finding (in this case re-finding" of religion.

Personally, I was glad to see that Elin was not in attendance. Good for her. I hope they can keep their reconciliation efforts completely private, and I do hope, for the kids' sake, that they find a way to reconcile, but would not blame Elin even one little bit if she just decided to tell Tiger to "take a hike".

Bottom line...exactly what was expected...Tiger seems sincere in his apology and want to gain back people's trust, but the proof will certainly be how he handles himself going forward. If the guy really means that he wants to change and does what it takes to make that happen...great...I hope he wins 20 more majors and goes down in history as one of the best ever. But, mostly, I hope he does what it takes to go down in history at the end as one of the best Dad's and Husband's in history after a very rocky start! St. peter won't be asking him how many majors he won when he stands before those pearly gates!

Thoughts?

PS...sorry...posted this before I reviewed the topic title...I meant "News Conference".

Edited by KRAM1

HELL NO! He's a piece of trash. I've always thought he was a pompus douche. Yeah, he is a good golfer, but so what? Ive always thought douchenozzles like that who are lucky enough to have beautiful wives, yet cant keep it in their pants should be outed. I hope he learns some humility (doubtful) and he learns how to treat his next wife with respect.

• Downvote 1

OK, I did not see it live, but I admit to watching a replay of Tiger's press conference this morning. Read it all, no questions and close call for tears (seemed to get a bit misty eyed soon into the reading). He also seemed to "lash out" a bit at reporters for their coverage of his wife and the idea that he had taken/or may have taken "performance enhancing drugs". All in all, exactly what you would have expected at this point. No mention of a date for his return to golf although there continues to be speculation that it will be at this year's Masters.

He certainly needed to take this "first step", but a first step only it was indeed. Sorry but this sort of thing just hammers home the point that everyone appears sorry and remorseful ONCE THEY GET CAUIGHT. He even did the "standard", "I lost my way", "I thought the rules didn't apply to me", and the finding (in this case re-finding" of religion.

Personally, I was glad to see that Elin was not in attendance. Good for her. I hope they can keep their reconciliation efforts completely private, and I do hope, for the kids' sake, that they find a way to reconcile, but would not blame Elin even one little bit if she just decided to tell Tiger to "take a hike".

Bottom line...exactly what was expected...Tiger seems sincere in his apology and want to gain back people's trust, but the proof will certainly be how he handles himself going forward. If the guy really means that he wants to change and does what it takes to make that happen...great...I hope he wins 20 more majors and goes down in history as one of the best ever. But, mostly, I hope he does what it takes to go down in history at the end as one of the best Dad's and Husband's in history after a very rocky start! St. peter won't be asking him how many majors he won when he stands before those pearly gates!

Thoughts?

PS...sorry...posted this before I reviewed the topic title...I meant "News Conference".

Sure did, saw the whole thing, now i am over it. Get him back on the golf course damn it! People's private lives are their own, even public figures to a point. Someone who makes a living in the public eye is of course going to experience additional scrutiny but he is human like everyone else and frankly his private life is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Say your sorry..... check

Tell people you will try harder.... check

ask for the public's forgiveness... check

grovel at the feet of the court of public opinion...... not needed

Play golf.... I'm waiting