Warhawks Bolster Defense With New Commitment

mgsteve

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Vincent-Eddie-90843

Rivals as of 8:18am has him committed to both ULM and UNT??? Can a player commit to two teams at once? Never seen that before! Maybe our schedules will allow him to play for both of us! When we play each other each team gets a half.

I do find it very disturbing however that Monroe can come into DFW and get equal to or even greater than talent than TD and staff can.

I agree. Eddie cited interest from ALL of their coaches, not just his would-be position coach. Hasn't that been a knock on Coach DeLoach before though... that he's not very involved in recruiting?

• Upvote 1

Is that true? Our DC is not active in recruiting? With the way the defense "underperformed" a bit last season, I would hope that the OC is VERY much involved with the recruiting process. Does DeLoach meet with recruits during their on-campus visits? Does he regularly make phone calls (when allowed of course), etc. If he doesn't make a ton of in-home visits, I can perhaps understand that...maybe...but if he is not involved to any extent at all, I would definitely see that as a challenge. I am a bit surprised to hear this...can we get some more discussion on this from some of our "insiders"?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm blink.gif

Last time I checked, we have no recruits, nada, zip, coming out of Oklahoma. Don't look now but ULM, so far, has 25%(5) of their class coming from Oklahoma. Anyone see a pattern here? :huh: Seems like we use to have very good recruits coming across the Red River into Denton.

Edited by DeepGreen

I'd love to see a 3-3-5 defense played here.

Rick

I love that scheme, very fun to watch.

Still, didn't work so well in its 2-year stint @ UTEP.

I always wonder why it failed in El Paso. I guess some of the key ingredients would be a killer player at the hybrid CB/S position (er, maybe it's hybrid LB/S), a great NT, and some speedy LBs?

I don't remember reading about the 3-3-5 until Urlacher took it to new levels in ABQ.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Mean Green blog

Vincent Eddie, a cornerback out of DeSoto, has withdrawn his commitment from UNT to commit to the Mean Green's Sun Belt rival Louisiana-Monroe.

I talked to Eddie a couple of minutes ago.

He has family that lives in Monroe, so he will have a built-in support system there. ULM's sports and fitness major was also a draw.

Eddie was recruited by UNT as a defensive back, who would play cornerback or safety, depending on the way he develops.

He's a good player. UNT wouldn't have been after him if he wasn't, and it does hurt a little that he bolted for a Sun Belt rival. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a good career with the Warhawks, but losing him isn't one of those class-buster deals.

Losing Javia Hall, a top-rated quarterback with a lot of potential, was probably the bigger loss. Hall is headed to UTEP.

What I would worry about if I was a UNT fan is Zach Orr, the three-star linebacker and teammate of Eddie, who is still committed to UNT.

Eddie said Orr is sticking with the Mean Green, but you know that the coaches at ULM are going to try to work that connection to flip him as well. I don't see that happening, but it is something to watch.

So the deciding factor was ULM's Sports and Fitness major?? LOL

I certainly hope we don't lose Zach Orr...come on February 2!!!