Unt Hires New Volleyball Coach

Brett Vito

What is it with UNT and that San Diego State connection? :lol: Hey, looks like the guy can coach. I am a bit surprised that UNT hired a male for the volleyball coach, but whatever works. Are male coaches common these days in women's volleyball? Don't follow it enough to know. This is a program that UNT could turn into a real winner or so it seems to me. Let's welcome our new coach and wish him well...seems like a good hire. WELCOME to the Mean Green.

What is it with UNT and that San Diego State connection? :lol: Hey, looks like the guy can coach. I am a bit surprised that UNT hired a male for the volleyball coach, but whatever works. Are male coaches common these days in women's volleyball? Don't follow it enough to know. This is a program that UNT could turn into a real winner or so it seems to me. Let's welcome our new coach and wish him well...seems like a good hire. WELCOME to the Mean Green.

yes, they are common. penn state has a male coach and they are the first womens team to be back to back to back national champs and have been undefeated in the last two seasons. soooo........

Male coaches for female sports are very common, but I am somewhat surprised that NT chose a man given their gender equity bend. If I am correct, Stephens is the only female hc at NT. Females having been replaced by men in tennis, swimming, softball and now volleyball.

Not to be a chauvenist (spelling?) or anything, but the three programs mentioned besides volleyball have improved since those hires. just sayin.

Male coaches for female sports are very common, but I am somewhat surprised that NT chose a man given their gender equity bend. If I am correct, Stephens is the only female hc at NT. Females having been replaced by men in tennis, swimming, softball and now volleyball.