Obama Bought And Paid For!

The spending freeze that Obama has been rumored to be promoting tonight is delivering very strage responses from the Democratic base.

Quick article wiith several links

Check out the little 'blurb' by the poster of the Rachel Maddow YouTube video... classic. post-3233-12646139882323_thumb.jpg

I think that this shift center, no matter how small and how seemingly rhetorical in overall scope, is showing that despite Obama's tendencies of being quite liberal he may be moving center to try and stabilize his party in the months prior to the upcoming elections. This way the Democrats can say that we saw the issues in the economy and we cut spending. The "Tea Parties" have been screaming for a cut in government spending and Obama is hoping to capitalize on that, except for one thing, this is not a across the board cut in spending that has been clamored for by the " Tea Parties" this is a discretionary spending cut that doesn't take place until 2011, still allows his inflated 2010 budget to take effect and in the end according to some economists will only cut the deficit in the budget by $35 Billion by 2015.

So the question is this if you lean left; Is this a good move for the president to be making or is pledging to cut spending in the middle of a recession a horrible idea that panders to voters on the other side of the political spectrum?

To those of us that lean right; Is this too little too late and being used simply to redirect the focus off of the Republican victory in Mass, or can we look at a move like this and think that maybe, just maybe, the POTUS has looked at the economic situation and the mood of the people and perhaps is changing his tune?

Personally I feel that, and I quote Al Gore, "A Zebra Doesn't change his spots."... but we will see

• Upvote 1

It's Karl Marx, plain and simple. Tomorrow night during his State of Confusion Address we will here more of the "class warfare" Obama has planned for this country. I set the over/under on how many times he refers to the "middle class" at 30.

Rick

So all of your benefits as a fireman have come about because of the private sector? Your union has done nothing for you?

Get rid of your union and see how fast your profession gets outsourced with little or no benefits.

• Downvote 2

Specifically...what freedoms and opportunities have I lost in the past year?

Did you not read this?

Between 2009 and 2020, the national debt would increase by $130,000 per household. By 2020, net interest alone would cost $1 trillion – one-quarter of all tax revenues. Federal spending would reach 25.9 percent of GDP, shattering the post-war record.

Every step towards higher taxes, less income and mostly, control the government gains over you and I, the more freedoms we lose.

Listen tonight when Obama brings up his plan to nationalize the student loan program. This falls right in line with his want to have total, absolute control. Control the auto industry, control the banks, control the health care industry, control the oil, gas and coal industry and all that will be touched by Cap and Trade, and now even more control of the educational system.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So all of your benefits as a fireman have come about because of the private sector? Your union has done nothing for you?

Get rid of your union and see how fast your profession gets outsourced with little or no benefits.

Very few Fire or Police Unions in The State of Texas. Supply and demand has driven salary and benefits in these professions in this state.

Please don't equate Police and Fire associations with Unions. 2 totally different entities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just heard on the radio that the released portions of the upcoming speech have Pres. Obama talking about Gays in the Military (what the ???), spending for education (???), continued push on health care, and more typical left issues. If this is true, it means nothing was learned from Mass. and there will be a complete massacre at ballott box in November for Dems.

Side note. I live in Chet Edwards (D) district. Imagine how shocked I was to learn that I moved to small town America and am represented by a Democrat biggrin.gif . Drove by a Republican's campaign headquarters on the way home and there were about 100 people inside and the parking lot was full. Just found it interesting. Chet Edwards has barely retained his seat in the past 2 elections, and is a target of the Republicans in November.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Specifically...what freedoms and opportunities have I lost in the past year?

Good luck getting a real answer out of him on that (ya know, where he actually had to think and type for himself). If it's not on the daily Talking Points fax...he doesn't have an answer for it.

Edited by JayDub
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Good luck getting a real answer out of him on that (ya know, where he actually had to think and type for himself). If it's not on the daily Talking Points fax...he doesn't have an answer for it.

No, I answered the question just fine as I was responding to someone with intelligence who understands where everyone discussing U.S. budgetary issues, including Congress, and the President himself, gets their point of reference on the subject, the CBO. If you want me to try and dumb it down for you I can give it a go?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I generally avoid these threads like a syphilitic whore... But I saw this article and it reminded me of this damn thread title that WOULDN'T GET OFF MY SCREEN ALL WEEK.

Union membership dropped 10% last year.

If they bought and paid for Obama, they don't seem to be getting their money's worth.

And they probably can't afford to keep paying the price tag.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 1