Soccer Commit

KRAM1

Well, one program can and does recruit local talent...Women's Soccer under Coach John Hedlund. Kelsey Hodges, current Guyer HS senior and standout soccer player has committed to play at UNT. Seems she has always wanted to play for UNT. Kelsey plays for Sting '92, a very good Dallas based Club team, and should be a great addition to the UNT squad. I am really excited to see a local athlete excited about wanting to play for a UNT team.

A quote from Brett Vito was "spot on" as well regarding the UNT soccer program...he said, Hodges...will be the first scholarship player from a Denton school to play for arguably the most accomplished athletic program at UNT".

Well said, and congrats to Kelsey and her family. I look forward to watching her play for the Mean green!

Go Kelsey...Go Coach Hedlund...GO Soccer...GO MEAN GREEN!

Good things are continuing to happen for the Soccer program at UNT!!!!

From what I read she should be a great addition to a solid team. Now is there's another Marilyn Marin type lurking out there that UNT can sign...watch out!

Yes, there certainly is...keep posted.

A quote from Brett Vito was "spot on" as well regarding the UNT soccer program...he said, Hodges...will be the first scholarship player from a Denton school to play for arguably the most accomplished athletic program at UNT".

I am confused... Kim Brimberry was offered a scholy from Denton Ryan high school to play for unt. (or did she walk on? No, i am pretty sure it was a scholy)

Now she didn't stick around after her first year.

But, she isn't the first one to play for the soccer team from denton.

Well an overall record of 208-82-14 and a home record of 86-8-5 since the year 2000 would have my vote.