Future Softballer Goes 2-0 first week

ssegal

Recent MEAN GREEN softball signee, Mandy Hacker, a 6-0 lefty from Midland, Texas and Blinn College, went 2-0 in her opening week. She threw 2 shut-outs, 17 innings and has a perfect ERA of 0.00.

CONGRATS MANDY!!! laugh.gif

Great news, thanks for the update. How are plans coming for the softball team, will they begin play in spring 2004 in the SBC? How about a stadium, will you be able to use the Liberty Christian field then, or will it have to be redone after they move out of that campus?

SBC play will begin in the spring of 2004. The stadium is projected to be COMPLETED in the spring of 2005, but the field should be ready for practice in the fall of 2004. We will not use the current baseball field, ONLY the land. The 2003-2004 season will be played at North Lakes Park.

GO MEAN GREEN!

yes- they are building a new stadium. As for the architecture...... will not meet with for quite some time.....  As for seats, I've been told 1500-2000 with about 500-600 chairbacks...... GET YOUR SEASON TICKETS!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Thats great!

Man all this construction! You'd think we were a school of 30k+ or something!!!!

Keep us informed on the recruits and the stadium info.

1500-2000 would make a nice little place for regional tourneys and stuff heh? Nice way to show HS kids the facilities!!

Seeya,

Shane

The 2003-2004 season will be played at North Lakes Park.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Do you know which field at North Lakes you'll be using yet ? I'm guessing 5 or 6; they play VERY differently according to weather/wind direction. Have y'all done that research yet ? If not, let me know and I'll be glad to help if I can. I've umpired many ASA/UIL fast-pitch games on those 2 fields.

Best of luck, and I'm loking forward to seeing y'all in action