Mitchell, Peters And Ross-miller

SUMG

Sporting News lists Rivals. com....top 150 senior high school players in the nation. I don't know if we've ever signed a top 150 player---not sure, but I doubt it.

Anyway, all three of these players are in the top 150 in the nation:

K.C. Ross-Miller is #148.

Brandon Peters is #119.

And Tony Mitchell....is on their 3rd team for high school All American....meaning that they think he's one of the top 15 seniors in the country.

Phenomenal.

Signing any of these kids would be huge....signing more than one....I don't know if there's a word that exists to explain how great that would be.

I've been repeating these names like a mantra all weekend. I'm very happy the Mitchell possibility popped up before the weekend. No matter what anyone thinks about football, at least there was good basketball news to think about.

Saturday, I'll have a nice picnic with some friends and any guests who care to stop by. A week and a half later, it's early signing period and the start of basketball season.

I can hardly stand the wait.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Let's say in the greatest miracle of all time that all three want to come here. There will only be two scholarships available at the end of this season. To further complicate matters, let's also say that Edwards accepts the offer on the table. Do you sign all four and try to get two existing scholarship athletes to leave? Can we oversign the 13 allowed by applying against 2010-11 when we will have five or six seniors?

If we can get our foot in the door with players like Mitchell and Peters, I hope that not having scholarships available seldom becomes a problem.

Let's say in the greatest miracle of all time that all three want to come here. There will only be two scholarships available at the end of this season. To further complicate matters, let's also say that Edwards accepts the offer on the table. Do you sign all four and try to get two existing scholarship athletes to leave? Can we oversign the 13 allowed by applying against 2010-11 when we will have five or six seniors?

If we can get our foot in the door with players like Mitchell and Peters, I hope that not having scholarships available seldom becomes a problem.

Have we ever gotten confirmation that Spencer is actually on scholarship?

Can't wait til hoops season either. I never thought i'd skip the Army game for Stillwater , but now I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Anyone plan on going to OSU ??

I'm torn.

I love a good picnic, but I REALLY love some NT Basketball. I'm already going to A&M and Rice, plus the tournament... So I'm leaning towards a picnic instead. But, depending on how things develop and who else wants to make that drive with me... I may opt for basketball over cookout.

I'm torn.

I love a good picnic, but I REALLY love some NT Basketball. I'm already going to A&M and Rice, plus the tournament... So I'm leaning towards a picnic instead. But, depending on how things develop and who else wants to make that drive with me... I may opt for basketball over cookout.

I'm home alone that weekend and always up for adventure.

Does anyone know when early signing period officially starts?

The 11th.

But... Peters is still taking visits, Ross-Miller has said he's not going to sign early, and Mitchell isn't going to make a decision until Thanksgiving at the earliest, after early signing period is over.

So, anybody we sign means that we won't be getting at least one of those guys.

Honestly, considering the kind of season we might be in for... The recruits who'll be interested in April are likely to be a notch above anyone who's ready to sign with us next week.