Going To Alabama For Game: Things I Should Know?

amr

Hi all,

A few other students and I will be making the trek to Tuscaloosa this weekend and were wondering if there are any important things we should know before going. I know the inquiry is general, but what we're looking for is a broad spectrum of advice and information. I appreciate the help. Go Mean Green!

Watch your speed throughout Lousiana as the State Police love to hang out in the trees lying in wait.

Pretty boring drive until you get to Alabama, plan on about 10 hrs or so.

I made trips from Hanceville (1 hr north of Birmingham) in about 13 hrs from SE Dallas.

Good luck and have fun.

Tuscaloosa is a fine town and the campus is really pretty. Everyone I've met from Bama have been good people. You'll get some ribbing, but they'll also be glad to take care of you.

Also, go eat at Dreamland BBQ... the old one off 15th. Good pork ribs and stupid-good fresh-made banana pudding.

the old dreamland is on Old Jug Factory Road, not 15th street.

Tuscaloosa is a fine town and the campus is really pretty. Everyone I've met from Bama have been good people. You'll get some ribbing, but they'll also be glad to take care of you.

Also, go eat at Dreamland BBQ... the old one off 15th. Good pork ribs and stupid-good fresh-made banana pudding.

Went to the Dreamland in Birmingham last weekend for SMU/UAB (work, would never attend that otherwise) and boy Dreamland is great stuff. I also give a hearty thumbs up to the ribs. The banana pudding was worth the trip.

you're right. thanks for the correction. I thought that sounded wrong when I typed it. Yes, and it's off the beaten path so you may want to ask someone how to get there if you dont have a GPS

From the Dreamland BBQ website ...

From Meridian, Ms.:

Take I-20/59 North to McFarland Blvd Exit (#73) Take a right onto McFarland Blvd. Take a left onto Jug Factory Road Go to the top of the hill, you'll see a Dreamland sign Take a right at the sign

5535 15th Avenue, East

Tuscaloosa, AL 35405

(205) 758-8135

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

2009 MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL : NO EXCUSES !!!

my bad, when someone says 15th, i automatically think 15th street, not avenue. i didn't even know there was a 15th avenue. but dreamland isn't but 50 yards off old jug factory.

haha, well either way, I recommend they go eat there. I ate an entire plate of ribs without bothering to wipe my hands. so good. sauce is really good. sweet tea washes it down best. (even though I never got into the sweet tea thing)