Td On Espnu?

NT91

Give us a summary of what he says, if you don't mind.

And to respond to your sig, it forces the defense to show itself before the play is called.

Will do , I recorded it . Host talked a lot about the Ball State game and how it will be on ESPNU thursday night.

Dodge says , in a nutshell : " 2 a days went great , team has a different feel , excited to be on tv , we have 150K alumni in dfw & student body of 30k and hopes everyone will start to jump on the bandwagon "

Went on to talk about Riley , how he expects him to be a distributor of the ball , but not to put all the pressure on himself.

Talked about Bama game and facing former QB Greg McElroy..how Greg has had to wait his turn and that the game will be surreal. Co host mentioned that the Bama vs UNT game will be on the SEC network

Announcer who will be doing the thursday's game : Says Dodge's have tremendous pressure and have a difficult task ahead with Ball State. Co host says Riley would have been one of top QBs out of high school if only a few inches taller.

In response , it also gives the D time to adjust

Edited by NT03

Will do , I recorded it . Host talked a lot about the Ball State game and how it will be on ESPNU thursday night.

Dodge says , in a nutshell : " 2 a days went great , team has a different feel , excited to be on tv , we have 150K alumni in dfw & student body of 30k and hopes everyone will start to jump on the bandwagon "

Went on to talk about Riley , how he expects him to be a distributor of the ball , but not to put all the pressure on himself.

Talked about Bama game and facing former QB Greg McElroy..how Greg has had to wait his turn and that the game will be surreal. Co host mentioned that the Bama vs UNT game will be on the SEC network

Announcer who will be doing the thursday's game : Says Dodge's have tremendous pressure and have a difficult task ahead with Ball State. Co host says Riley would have been one of top QBs out of high school if only a few inches taller.

Thanks for that, I wish I could have seen that. it i always nice to see the alma mata on TV

Thanks!

In response to your response, hopefully things will get quicker. Riley knows the system, and I imagine they will be trusting him to audible at the line by his sophomore or junior year. Regardless, with the no-huddle, the offense chooses when to snap the ball--they can change the play to counter whatever adjustment they see the defense make and have time to do so that they wouldn't otherwise have.

It might not be that exciting to watch a time taking signs from the sideline, but I don't know that it's all that much more exciting to watch them huddle, is it?

Riley doesn't have the arm to play anywhere, just ask anyone who has recently seen a scrimmage or two, so it was more than size.

Just saw the re-air of the iterview. I have seen quite a few of the interviews and this was one of the best by far. TD seems upbeat about the team this year and seems to be taking Rodge along slowly so as not to overexpose him too early. Todge stated that he thinks that we have quite a few playmakers on offense for Rodge to distribute to. The announcers really talked Rodge up. They also stated that the Mean Green fans expect alot from the team this year. It is really great to hear NT talked about on a national sports network and not just local tv.

I just learned today(thanks Shutter) that ESPNU was added to the XTRA package on DirecTV. This means that alot more people will now have access to ESPNU and quite a few more households will be able to see NT on Thursday night. My college sports pants are going crazy now that I can watch ESPNU.

Edited by Eagle-96

I get tired of watching it. I would be okay if they did it some, but just not every play.

Agree, and if the constant adjustments to defense worked so well we would have more success down the field scoring against every opponent. The spread is not the "new" gimmick offense it was 5-7 years ago, teams know how to defend it. The new gimmick offense now is the "wildcat".

I just learned today(thanks Shutter) that ESPNU was added to the XTRA package on DirecTV. This means that alot more people will now have access to ESPNU and quite a few more households will be able to see NT on Thursday night. My college sports pants are going crazy now that I can watch ESPNU.

Great, I just wish the local TV guide listings had ESPNU in them, most don't. The DMN TV guide has no quick-glance listing for ESPNU or that the NT game is even on Thursday night. Only if you see it in the newspaper sports section TV listings would you know it is broadcast.

Great, I just wish the local TV guide listings had ESPNU in them, most don't. The DMN TV guide has no quick-glance listing for ESPNU or that the NT game is even on Thursday night. Only if you see it in the newspaper sports section TV listings would you know it is broadcast.

I must have mentioned that the BSU game was on tv to 30 some odd people since Sunday and NO ONE had a clue. And to make it worst, all basic and the level just above basic Charter cable customers must order ESPNU which is Channel 287, and that is what I hope happens considering it only cost $5 to buy it.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I must have mentioned that the BSU game was on tv to 30 some odd people since Sunday and NO ONE had a clue. And to make it worst, all basic and the level just above basic Charter cable customers must order ESPNU which is Channel 287, and that is what I hope happens considering it only cost $5 to buy it.

Rick

Yeah, that's what I had to do over here in WFW. You have to order the "Sports View" package, which gets you 3 regional FSN's, ESPNU, and ESPN Classic, CBS College Sports, and a 3-4 more spare channels.