New Gomeangreen.com Home Page

Evan

Later this week we will be rolling out a new Home Page for Gomeangreen.com. The new home page will have several features that should make the site more enjoyable. Of course it will have an easy to use tab to access the Forums, and the current forum address will still work........so please stay calm........

One of the features will be a random picture feed from the official gomeangreen.com Flickr account. The account is set as a group and anyone can join and add their pictures. If you have some Mean green pics of anything from back in the day retro shots to tailgating to watching parties, please add them. Just anything that shows the mean green spirit. In the month of September we will have a picture contest, and although the prize will probably not be much more than bragging rights, we definately want to recognize the fans.....This is a fan site run by fans and it is a pretty tight community. We want to put more faces with that community.....

For those of you that aren't familar, Flickr accounts are free and it's easy to register, it's part of the yahoo family, so if you have a yahoo account, it will even be easier. If you'd still rather not, but have some pics to share, email them to me and i'll post them. Just make sure you send me any title or description you want posted with it. For those of you that might use another photo site like photobucket,etc., Flickr offered the easiest integration with the site, so we went with them.

Here's the link

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gomeangreen/

Thanks for helping!!!!!!

gmg

Please send your best pictures guys. We will be using them on the new frontpage. Also, get your cameras ready for the season because we are going to incorporate a lot more photos from tailgating and games this season. Should be fun!

Keep em coming guys, we are already up to over 50 pictures and some of them are awesome...pics dating back to Dickey days, New Orleans Bowl shots, tailgating etc.. this is going to be a VERY cool feature of the new site!

Guest JohnDenver

Keep em coming guys, we are already up to over 50 pictures and some of them are awesome...pics dating back to Dickey days, New Orleans Bowl shots, tailgating etc.. this is going to be a VERY cool feature of the new site!

Harry, not sure why you had an old Avatar from JD. Was that from a trip to ULL?

just in case a few people were trying to view the group without logging in, there is a lag for the photos to show up in a new group. We should be good to go by tomorrow or Thursday for public viewing. For those of you that sent me pictures, I'll load them up tonight.

so Far my personal favorite is Dickey at the Karaoke bar in New Orleans after the bowl.

gmg

Guest JohnDenver

so Far my personal favorite is Dickey at the Karaoke bar in New Orleans after the bowl.

I found that gem in the NOLA webcam archives after I returned home from the bowl.

So far we have neraly 100 pictures and it's still growing for those that havent checked it out yet, there are some great "oh I remember that" pics in there....... IF you don't have a Flickr account you can still only see about 30, but if you get an account you can see them all. If you don't it might take a few days.

Thanks to all those who have added pictures...

The new site should be up tonight.....

We have had several people that expressed interest in posting blog articles this season. IF you'd like to do this email me and I can explain the process and set you up...pretty easy....

If there are any NT students that would like to post a student perspective in update, that would be great.

Evan

gmg

I joined and andded about 41 photos. But when you click on the Fan Photos on the front page of GoMeanGreen.com I only see the original set. How do you access all of the other photos? Do you have to first log into Flickr first to see them?

Rick

Great Pics Rick!......Yeah for them to show up in the "pool", for anyone not logged into their account, it takes a few days. There is some kind of super secret "approval" process for the group we approved the pics, but it is a Flickr lag. They should show up this weekend.

gmg

Great Pics Rick!......Yeah for them to show up in the "pool", for anyone not logged into their account, it takes a few days. There is some kind of super secret "approval" process for the group we approved the pics, but it is a Flickr lag. They should show up this weekend.

gmg

Excuse me if I'm asking a dumb question here, but when I click over on the photos side bar, the individual photo you touch pops up, not the pool. Can you add a link to the pool?:http://www.flickr.com/groups/gomeangreen/pool/?

Rick

Ditto Rick those are awesome. I know there are some others out there. We need more New Orleans pix. Anyone have any shots of Stebo eating crow?

No but I have pics of Stebo passing out upstairs at that bar, while everyone is messing with him.

Excuse me if I'm asking a dumb question here, but when I click over on the photos side bar, the individual photo you touch pops up, not the pool. Can you add a link to the pool?:http://www.flickr.com/groups/gomeangreen/pool/?

Rick

Rick I can't see your photos, but I can see Cr1028 & UNT 90 GRAD's photos.