2009 Football Wallpapers

Smitty

Hello everyone. I've been away from the board for awhile because I launched a new business that, combined with my fulltime day job, has taken up all my time. But I did want to prepare new computer wallpapers, cellphone wallpapers, avatars, and userbars for the upcoming football season, and they are now ready at my website, Mean Green World.

I've got four new wallpapers. I went with a rough, grunge design for a variety of reasons, mainly because I really like grunge design. There is also one general wallpaper with a UNT logo. Here is one of the wallpapers:

cam-1280x1024.jpg

I used Cam Montgomery, DaWaylon Cook, and Royce Hill for two reasons: first and foremost, those were the best photos available to me. I have only the images published on meangreensports.com, and these were the best images. Second, those athletes were featured in 2009 previews on meangreensports.com.

I've also done two new wallpapers for cellphones, one with the proposed new stadium and one with the grunge Mean Green logo. I have also added two new sizes, 320x480 (iPhone and Palm Pre) and 360x480 (Blackberry Storm), and I created the two new designs and eight of the old cellphone wallpapers for the new sizes.

There are also a few new avatars and two new userbars, including one for the new stadium and one for Mean Green Club Members.

As always, everything is free. Mean Green World has no official connection with UNT, but the athletic department is well aware of Mean Green World and supports what I've been doing. The photos are by Rick Yeatts, and my thanks as always to him for his outstanding work.

Also, the athletic department now has its own computer wallpapers for download.

Enjoy!

Smitty

I've gotta admit, I was thinking the same thing. But I didn't want to be the guy complaining about the crumpled up $100 bill. I guess that would be you, so thanks.

I understand the question. Two problems with a Riley Dodge wallpaper this year:

1. There is very little artwork of him for me to work with. I only use action shots from UNT games, and I get them from the athletic department's website. Obviously, there is nothing of him at quarterback for UNT yet.

2. It's premature. I prefer to use photos of players who have performed on the field for North Texas. Riley hasn't yet because he hasn't had a chance to.

However, I sincerely hope there are ample reasons and photographs to allow me to create a Riley Dodge wallpaper for the 2010 season.

Edited by Smitty