Unschooling. Anyone Else Heard Of This Idiocy?

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/cr_baeo.htm

scroll down a bit to see some startling stats on drop out rates in public schools.

IMHO, the debate to home school, place kids in private schools or public schools will be skewed by anyone who favors one over the other. Is one better than the other is the question? Of course we can all point to specific or much generalized cases.

You can break down public schools in urban, suburban or rural and find much differing graduation statistics. Would anyone be inept enough to place their gene pool in a major urban independent school system similar to the ones mentioned in the article?? Generally speaking public schools in major urban areas are a failure. However, anyone can state cases for certain schools that achieve in these areas but generally the stats speak for themselves.

If I had kids the last place I would put them would be in a urban area public school.

My choices, in order, would be:

Private

Rural

Home school

Urban

Greatest fifth post ever?

Quality over quantity?

Maybe TulsafaninTexas...

If you mean that I'm maybe TulsafaninTexas posting under a different handle, I don't know how to take that. I'm pretty comfortable in my lame lurker status. But to be (potentially) accused of being a troll. I'm going to have to crawl back under my bridge and look in the mirror, cause I just don't see the resemblance.

Or, if you're implying that TulsaninTexas has some sort of record for fifth post supremacy (5prime?), I cite my comment above: "Quality over quantity?" Anyway, I've got inlaws in Tulsa. Christmases are cold and boring. All I gotta say about that.

But seriously, can we get back to the politically important task of generalizing huge swaths of over-determined demographics (economic, racial, regional, educational) into such nice, pithy categories such as rural, urban, that are in no way loaded code terms? I find that to be much more edifying and useful.