Mean Green Fans

bstnsportsfan3

i say, instead of everyone complaining back and forth about being positive or negaitive, maybe we can just all behave like adults and cheer on OUR team! though it may not feel like it sometimes, but were ALL mean green fans and i think, just for once, instead of reading all this back and forth crap, that maybe we could all just be fans and stop trying to one up each other, or diminish players, former player, coaches ect...lets for once just be fans and enjoy the fact that we have a football team that is rebuilding, and hopefully providing some positive results. Through thick or thin, support OUR team, even if you cant stand the coach, or players, or recruits or whatever. support OUR team, were not the enemy of each other, were the MEAN GREEN FAMILY and we all need to start acting like it...

soapbox done.

Yes we are all Mean Green fans but we have a right to be critical of this program. If we won't then believe me no one will because its hard enough getting fans as it is for this program. I refuse just to be content with just having a football program. I am tired of NT half assing things when it comes to athletics. Yes it is better than before but nothing like where we should be. After two years of Dodgeball it is really embarassing and a beat down watching NT football. The program needs to be held accountable and that still doesn't mean that we are not being Mean Green fan or good fans.

Well, I think Emmitt was on to something when he was saying that the administration (I'm guessing that starts with the AD and goes up to the President, if not the Chancellor) hasn't given TD all he needed to work with.

Although I'm sure that's true, past administrations could have done a lot more to pave the way. Really though, it will never be enough for fans to be critical, even to the point of saying they plan to support the program LESS in the future (most of this was said without reference to economic problems, but rather to discontent with results on the field).

Folks, it's true that more could be done with what we are spending, but to truly excel in our academic and athletic programs, alumni will simply have to become more supportive with time, energy, and money. Certainly there's always blame to be found, but the authorship of our university's future is something which we all have the responsibility of sharing, as students, alumni, staff, and extended family.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Dwayne Taylor

Edited by eulessismore