UNTflyer

Okay, I'm setting 530 as the over/under. What's your guess?

I actually think this defense is improving, or at least it is improving more than the offensive side of the ball. Now if the offense would stop turning the ball over so much. I thought for sure, Troy would put at the very least 50 on us, but I figured it would be more like 60 - 70.

How many points have come off of special teams mishaps? How many points have been scored shortly after the offense turned the ball over sending a tired defense right back out on the field?

I left before the end of the fourth quarter and missed the kickoff return for a td, but even before that there seemed to be some good plays by all 3 units, but overall a team loss. I guess I'm still advocating a focus on special teams because that seems to have been an area where we've given up a lot of points and not gotten any. The punt coverage on a nice punt by Spencer where two coverage guys were right next to the return man as he caught the ball, got away, fumbled, Troy recovered their own fumble, and North Texas got called on holding, with a net on the punt of may 8 or 10 yards was really hard to watch.

Not only is UNT on pace to allow 50 points per game, I think UNT is also on pace for the worst point differential in school history in Division I-A since 1953. I have not found any results before 1953 or the statistics for the years in Division I-AA (1983-1994).

The worst North Texas Division I-A seasons in point differential since 1953:

In 1995, the first year back in Division I-A, North Texas went 2-9 and lost by 20.36 points per game (roughly an average score of 38-18).

In 2007, Dodge's first season, North Texas went 2-10 and lost by 20.25 points per game (roughly an average score of 45-25).

In 1972, North Texas went 1-10 and lost by 18.64 points per game (roughly an average score of 32-13).

In 2005, North Texas went 2-9 and lost by 17.18 points per game (roughly an average score of 31-14).

And this year, North Texas is 0-8 and is losing by an average of 33.13 points per game. Our average score this year is 50-17.

Our average score this year is 50-17.

50-17 average for eight games. This follows lasts years average which was like 47-26. I'm guessing within two years it will have to change, either by a coaching change or by winning more than two games in a season. I can wait it out; I waited out the Bob Tyler and Dennis Parker eras. If there is going to be a ticket price increase going into the new stadium there will have to be some incentive by improving the product, one way or the other.

If there is going to be a ticket price increase going into the new stadium there will have to be some incentive by improving the product, one way or the other.

Explain to me why ticket prices would go up in a new stadium. The thing will be paid for by students and private donors, the latter group probably getting the lion's share of the luxury boxes and good seats. As for the rest of the place, it's not like player salaries are going up. If the product on the field continues to provide fodder for drinking games (I simply couldn't keep up with my 1 beer per opposing touchdown routine), then there might be a brief spike in demand, but it won't be like people have to line up in a lottery for the right to by GA tickets. So the stadium will have been paid for, demand will be roughly the same, what's there to drive the ticket prices up?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Explain to me why ticket prices would go up in a new stadium. The thing will be paid for by students and private donors, the latter group probably getting the lion's share of the luxury boxes and good seats. As for the rest of the place, it's not like player salaries are going up. If the product on the field continues to provide fodder for drinking games (I simply couldn't keep up with my 1 beer per opposing touchdown routine), then there might be a brief spike in demand, but it won't be like people have to line up in a lottery for the right to by GA tickets. So the stadium will have been paid for, demand will be roughly the same, what's there to drive the ticket prices up?

As long as we remain in the Sun Belt I have doubts that ticket prices will increase EXCEPT for non-conference games. There might be some increase on those, depending on the opponent. Concessions and parking might show an increase because those are expenses not covered by donors.

IMO, ticket prices will increase only if there's an upgrade in conference or the demand for premium seats is larger than the supply. I don't know if they still must use the formula that GA tickets must be X% of the highest price ticket or not but I'd like to see them keep those as low as possible. I'd rather they get less revenue per ticket and have a filled stadium.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Rick has already said publicly that tickets in the new stadium will cost more. It probably won't be a heck of a lot, maybe $5 per game.

What I'm more interested in is what donor level will be required for the premium 50-yard line section? Looking at our list of donors in the program, I can't imagine they would require the Bronze level for those seats. There just isn't that many donors.