Norm Picks N.texas Over Rice

Travis

This selection probably was made by Norm's friend Andy who is a Giant Panda. Pandas like bamboo, which is green, and don't care for Rice.

For real insight into any contest involving these two Texas teams, the best source of information is the legendary Coach Tom Foolery. I believe that he coached against both Todd Dodge and David Bailiff while at the high school level.

:P:lol:

I will go ahead and do some clean up on this thread. And I would also like to say what's up to everyone on this thread that knows me. Especially you 'Ernesto'. Hope all is well in life and if you are ever around Barley again, give me a shout and the beers are on me.

1-Norm did take NT against a 17 and a half point spread. I criticized him in the cubicle area, and reminded him Rice has Jerrett Dillard, and then reminded him that we don't play defense. Oh well, the Pole has spoken.

2-NT alums at the station. Myself, Jub, Junior, Rich Phillips, Mr. Phil, Joel Jenista and a board op or two that work after hours and weekends. As for Friedo, he is a proud SFA Lumberjack, and yes he likes to talk bad about NT. I think it's because he is jealous. (Hoping he reads this)

3-Rich Phillips is a proud NT alum. He does SMU games because he has a passion to do play by play - like many of us do. Believe me, those jobs are very hard to come by, especially at the D-1 level. I would kill to be doing SMU right now and I f'ing hate the Phonies.

4-As for the Green Guys, there is a group of guys now that have picked that back up after it was left in shambles by the generation that followed us at KNTU. The current crew are doing pre-game stuff. I really do wish that a group could garner the trust of the powers that be at KNTU and be able to do a real talk show like we used to do back in the day. It would be nice to start tradition of producing more solid young broadcasters. That will be tough though, becuase the great Bill Mercer has retired from teaching at NT, but as always he is a great mentor and will still help kids out.

Sorry to ramble on that last one.

That's all. Just wanted to share what I know with some of you guys. Lets beat Rice....or at least cover for Norm's sake. (Insert Wild Norm chuckle)

Edited by Green Guy Bass

I will go ahead and do some clean up on this thread. And I would also like to say what's up to everyone on this thread that knows me. Especially you 'Ernesto'. Hope all is well in life and if you are ever around Barley again, give me a shout and the beers are on me.

1-Norm did take NT against a 17 and a half point spread. I criticized him in the cubicle area, and reminded him Rice has Jerrett Dillard, and then reminded him that we don't play defense. Oh well, the Pole has spoken.

2-NT alums at the station. Myself, Jub, Junior, Rich Phillips, Mr. Phil, Joel Jenista and a board op or two that work after hours and weekends. As for Friedo, he is a proud SFA Lumberjack, and yes he likes to talk bad about NT. I think it's because he is jealous. (Hoping he reads this)

3-Rich Phillips is a proud NT alum. He does SMU games because he has a passion to do play by play - like many of us do. Believe me, those jobs are very hard to come by, especially at the D-1 level. I would kill to be doing SMU right now and I f'ing hate the Phonies.

4-As for the Green Guys, there is a group of guys now that have picked that back up after it was left in shambles by the generation that followed us at KNTU. The current crew are doing pre-game stuff. I really do wish that a group could garner the trust of the powers that be at KNTU and be able to do a real talk show like we used to do back in the day. It would be nice to start tradition of producing more solid young broadcasters. That will be tough though, becuase the great Bill Mercer has retired from teaching at NT, but as always he is a great mentor and will still help kids out.

Sorry to ramble on that last one.

That's all. Just wanted to share what I know with some of you guys. Lets beat Rice....or at least cover for Norm's sake. (Insert Wild Norm chuckle)

The lightbulb just came on.

For those who haven't figured it out like I just did, GGB=Sean Bass.

Norm was also the same person who, while talking about June Jones decided to slip in a shot at NT when he was discussing June's spread offense and mentioned that Dodge and the spread would work at UNT when "NT dropped back down to 1-AA.

I respect Norm and miss the old days of HSE, Arlington Stadium, and the Sidekicks. But I would love to hear The Throwdown more.