Question About This Stadium Vote..

LAZER

I keep hearing that the fraternities/sororities are going to make a huge impact on the stadium vote. Supposedly, these groups are very pro athletics and come out in large numbers to vote for homecoming. Thus, the Greeks will have a huge positive impact on stadium vote. Although the fraternities/sororities are pro athletics, it does not mean that they will want to pay more to attend UNT. If such is the case it might actually hurt the stadium cause. To make sure that the fraternities/sororities are in favor of the stadium I think that RV, Todd Dodge or DR. B (or maybe all three) should go and speak to the Greek organizations at one of their events or at the fraternity/sorority houses. Has RV, Todd Dodge or DR. B done this already? If not, do they plan to?

I keep hearing that the fraternities/sororities are going to make a huge impact on the stadium vote. Supposedly, these groups are very pro athletics and come out in large numbers to vote for homecoming. Thus, the Greeks will have a huge positive impact on stadium vote. Although the fraternities/sororities are pro athletics, it does not mean that they will want to pay more to attend UNT. If such is the case it might actually hurt the stadium cause. To make sure that the fraternities/sororities are in favor of the stadium I think that RV, Todd Dodge or DR. B (or maybe all three) should go and speak to the Greek organizations at one of their events or at the fraternity/sorority houses. Has RV, Todd Dodge or DR. B done this already? If not, do they plan to?

The fee increase will not be in effect until the new stadium opens, at least 2011, perhaps 2025, who knows? Most all the students voting will not see any increase while they are in school.

Just about every Greek I met at UNT had been pretty well ingrained with a healthy dose of school spirit. The exceptions were 2 groups that never got fully approved to be in IFC (either by IFC or their home organizations) and are no longer on campus.

**Warning**Off Topic: What happened to the Delta Lodge? Went by their house and it is owned by some other group now. Anyone know?

**Warning**Off Topic Reply:

From viewing the train wreck that is their Wikipedia page, it appears that the Delta Lodge may be no longer.

Delta Lodge Wikipedia page

I knew several of the Sammys, and later a few Delta Lodge members. They certainly marched to the beat of a different drummer, but they were all good guys.

Their group prospered until the mid-eighties until the obvious decline of their neighborhood was signalled by Sig Tau Gamma's moving in accross the street.

At that point there was little option other than to burn down the house and wait for the Sig Tau's to move away before rebuilding. :P

**Warning**Off Topic Reply:

From viewing the train wreck that is their Wikipedia page, it appears that the Delta Lodge may be no longer.

Delta Lodge Wikipedia page

I knew several of the Sammys, and later a few Delta Lodge members. They certainly marched to the beat of a different drummer, but they were all good guys.

Their group prospered until the mid-eighties until the obvious decline of their neighborhood was signalled by Sig Tau Gamma's moving in accross the street.

At that point there was little option other than to burn down the house and wait for the Sig Tau's to move away before rebuilding. :P

***Warning***Off Topic Reply-Reply:

They set up another house in the last few years near Fry Street, but that didn't last more than a year or two before they left it and what I think is a Christian youth group bought the building.

I am sure that my frat is on board with the stadium stuff. Mean Green Matt would know more of the pulse of my frat this semester though. I am almost positive that most frats are in support of this stuff.

Our fraternity is definitely on board, and the people I have talked to from other fraternities are also excited about the idea. If people are educated about the fee not being put into effect until the stadium is done, I do not seeing this vote being a problem from the Greek perspective, or the general student body.

***Warning***Off Topic Reply-Reply:

They set up another house in the last few years near Fry Street, but that didn't last more than a year or two before they left it and what I think is a Christian youth group bought the building.

I heard in a very roundabout way that the alumni that owned the lot and the new house sold it because the members weren't keeping up with their rent and turned a great new place into a bit of a dump. I was never in the new house so I wouldn't know.

I am Delta Sigma Phi (Delta Sig) Alumni and I am still active in our fraternity and I know for a fact that everyone is on board for the stadium vote. I will talk with everyone such as actives and pledges to vote yes for new stadium the week of the stadium vote. We will have over 50 people voting yes....

I've basicaly told them that a new stadium is the bridgeway to where we want to our school to be in the future. Fouts looks worst than most of our old hs stadiums, and it would be great to have a new stadium to call our own for tailgating and to host big name opponents. Everyone is sold on the idea.

No sign of RV, TD or Gretchen doing ANYTHING to get the frats and soroties on board. If they want to come to speak in our meetings please send me an PM and I will allow them to come speak at our meetings on Mondays.

I think UNT_Flyer has done most of the work to get the stadium awareness out there for the students...

Edited by UNT_playmaker

I am Delta Sigma Phi (Delta Sig) Alumni and I am still active in our fraternity and I know for a fact that everyone is on board for the stadium vote. I will talk with everyone such as actives and pledges to vote yes for new stadium the week of the stadium vote. We will have over 50 people voting yes....

I've basicaly told them that a new stadium is the bridgeway to where we want to our school to be in the future. Fouts looks worst than most of our old hs stadiums, and it would be great to have a new stadium to call our own for tailgating and to host big name opponents. Everyone is sold on the idea.

No sign of RV, TD or Gretchen doing ANYTHING to get the frats and soroties on board. If they want to come to speak in our meetings please send me an PM and I will allow them to come speak at our meetings on Mondays.

I think UNT_Flyer has done most of the work to get the stadium awareness out there for the students...

Now that I think about it, they should come speak at the all greek convocation in the auditorium next week....