Bret Vito's Next Assignment Should Be Jumpin Off

Green Grenade II

As a journalist, he is Belo loving writer who has a death wish for our football program...just my opinion.

Call me out for my thoughts...and I do not work in athletics....but, hey, enough of the negative write-ups.

We all know our scoring vs LSU in all games, but why the lead with THREE STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS?

My wife, with all her football knowledge (HaHa), could write a better article.

Even, Larry the Cable Guy!!!!!!

As a journalist, he is Belo loving writer who has a death wish for our football program...just my opinion.

Call me out for my thoughts...and I do not work in athletics....but, hey, enough of the negative write-ups.

We all know our scoring vs LSU in all games, but why the lead with THREE STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS?

You don't want a reporter. You want a cheerleader. This is more of the shoot-the-messenger mentality that too many sports fans have. It is not the job of the media to encourage, be loyal to, or otherwise promote ANYTHING that a reporter is covering. It is their job to tell the truth. And the truth is, these were THREE STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS.

You want a writer to not write about THREE STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS? Then don't get blown out three straight times.

You don't want a reporter. You want a cheerleader. This is more of the shoot-the-messenger mentality that too many sports fans have. It is not the job of the media to encourage, be loyal to, or otherwise promote ANYTHING that a reporter is covering. It is their job to tell the truth. And the truth is, these were THREE STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS.

You want a writer to not write about THREE STRAIGHT BLOWOUTS? Then don't get blown out three straight times.

I must say I agree with you 100%

Edited by CMJ

I gotta call you out for this one. If you want him to stop writing about blowouts, then we should stop getting blown out.

He covers the team, which means that he may not always write things that we like (since we haven't had team success in nearly 5 years).

What was negative in the write-up? Three straight blow-outs isn't negative: IT"S THE TRUTH. Don't shoot the messenger because our team hasn't played very well. Harry's blog made some of the exact same point; where's your post criticizing Harry's ability to blog in a manner that doesn't set you off? What about the Associated Press, they mentioned all the yards we gave up? What about the FWST, I am sure they mentioned all the punt return yards?

Most on this board have a thing :rolleyes: for Vito, we are in the minority on this one.

GGII, you my friend are a green Kool-Aid drinking fan driven to senility. Vito does a good job on covering the team. He does not kneel down and service Todd Dodge. His job as a journalist is report what has happened through objective eyes, not through a fans eyes. Do us all a favor and go back to making hilarious and nonsensical post.

Try watching ANY national media as an Ohio State fan, then come complain to me when Vito of the Denton Record-Chronicle writes a "negative" article about a 0-3 football team.

It's absolutely painful and most of the crap I have to listen to is undeserved but it's there nonetheless. Last night's pounding at USC won't help that at all. I'm sure "negative" articles have been published all around the country about my Buckeyes today. But we lost. Big time. Newspapers will report on that and there's nothing you can do.

Try watching ANY national media as an Ohio State fan, then come complain to me when Vito of the Denton Record-Chronicle writes a "negative" article about a 0-3 football team.

It's absolutely painful and most of the crap I have to listen to is undeserved but it's there nonetheless. Last night's pounding at USC won't help that at all. I'm sure "negative" articles have been published all around the country about my Buckeyes today. But we lost. Big time. Newspapers will report on that and there's nothing you can do.

Are you a dual degree holder from both NT and Ohio State? Pretty far away from each other.

100% agree.

Seriously? These national sports guys have absolutely though OSU and the Big 10 walk on water until last night. Lastnight's pounding just shows how over rated OSU is this year.

Seriously? These national sports guys have absolutely though OSU and the Big 10 walk on water until last night.

You're kidding, right? The commentators (Herbie included) were verbally fellating Mark Sanchez and Steve Sarkhesian throughout the entire game and praising Pete Carroll's coaching genius.

Watch ESPN's College Football Live, or hell, even Sportscenter and tell me how many times you hear "SEC Speed" in context with the Big Ten or Ohio State.

This reminds me of that list someone posted, "10 reasons you know college football is back"...one of them was "ESPN HATES your team", lol.

Seriously? These national sports guys have absolutely though OSU and the Big 10 walk on water until last night. Lastnight's pounding just shows how over rated OSU is this year.

Until last night? I think every writer I saw pretty much predicted the whuppin' USC would lay on Ohio State.

And it's difficult to say how overrated anyone is based on how they fared against USC this year. I think OSU's performance against Ohio was reason enough to yank them out of the top 10, but I don't know if any team will be able to hang with USC.

Until last night? I think every writer I saw pretty much predicted the whuppin' USC would lay on Ohio State.

And it's difficult to say how overrated anyone is based on how they fared against USC this year. I think OSU's performance against Ohio was reason enough to yank them out of the top 10, but I don't know if any team will be able to hang with USC.

EVERY writer. And yet, we chose to look through the Scarlet-colored glasses. "NOBODY will hang 35 points on this team."

facepalm.jpg

20 starters returning tells me it's not the talent on the field. Attitudes and coaching have been a curse in big games the last three seasons. Media hype is a huge factor, too. Unfortunately, the game is what it is. I'll be in Columbus next week watching Troy get annihilated from sheer anger.