Espn360.com Info

JesseMartin

Since I answered this on a couple of other threads already, I thought it might be good for EVERYBODY interested (who may not read the other threads) to get the info on it. Admins might want to reword/repost this as a pinned topic since it may affect future games this season.

1) Go to espn360.com. Enter your location and provider, and they will tell you if it's available both where you are and with whom you subscribe.

2) If your subscriber doesn't have it, they have a request button. Use it. If they get enough requests, they'll carry it.

3) Verizon universally carries 360, so if it's a big deal to you and is available in your area, you might want to think about switching to Verizon.

4) I have no idea about the quality, but will probably be switching to Verizon in early October, so I will let you know then how it is (if I do end up with Verizon).

Since I have your attention, for those who want ESPN.com Insider, it's free with any subscription, even a discounted one through another service (like Publisher's Clearinghouse or Magazines.com). Not sure if everybody caught that but thought you might like to know.

I went to the site and it greeted me with "Congratulations! Your high speed internet service provider, AT&T, carries ESPN360.com." I didn't have to enter anything. It did prompt me to install a plug-in. Will the game be shown in real time?

GMG!

Anybody, insider or not, can watch 360.

You do have to install the plug-in.

It's supposedly always in real time, but I don't know anybody who regularly uses it, so I don't know what happens when there are multiple games at the same time...I'm assuming you just click the game you want to watch.

There may be a short delay but it's not a "replay".

ESPN Insider just allows you to view extra "VIP" type pages on ESPN, but the annual magazine subscription is way cheaper than the monthly Insider payment last time I checked...and of course, you get the magazine as well.

Edited by JesseMartin

Anybody, insider or not, can watch 360.

You do have to install the plug-in.

It's supposedly always in real time, but I don't know anybody who regularly uses it, so I don't know what happens when there are multiple games at the same time...I'm assuming you just click the game you want to watch.

There may be a short delay but it's not a "replay".

ESPN Insider just allows you to view extra "VIP" type pages on ESPN, but the annual magazine subscription is way cheaper than the monthly Insider payment last time I checked...and of course, you get the magazine as well.

A few comments... Grande Communications is another provider that offers ESPN360. Only persons who internet provider subscribes can watch ESPN360. In terms of real-time, it is close enough. My brother and I were talking on the phone over the weekend while watching the UTEP/UT game and the ESPN 360 broadcast was only 10-30 seconds behind.

Edited by chrisfisher

A few comments... Grande Communications is another provider that offers ESPN360. Only persons who internet provider subscribes can watch ESPN360. In terms of real-time, it is close enough. My brother and I were talking on the phone over the weekend while watching the UTEP/UT game and the ESPN 360 broadcast was only 10-30 seconds behind.

Um..yeah, I mentioned the provider thing in the first post. But good to get insight from a user...what's it look like with multiple games?

Um..yeah, I mentioned the provider thing in the first post. But good to get insight from a user...what's it look like with multiple games?

When it first comes up as a popup window, you're presented with four or five small screens on the bottom you can select from with different games. Then there's the main screen on the middle left with a programming schedule next to it. You can adjust the size to make it fullscreen or change aspect ratios, etc. Some are in HD, but most aren't.

I get the same deal with Texas Monthly. Unfortunately, Playboy doesn't seem to be jumping on the concurrent subscription bandwagon.

One quick note - if you are at a computer on campus then you should be able to access ESPN 360. I am pretty certain that ESPN gave free 360 access to colleges and universities a year or so ago. I know that I was able to watch Euro 2008 in my office over the summer on ESPN 360.