K-state Game Stats

Harry

Look at Royce Hill at #3 in total tackles! That's what you call a true freshman impact player. Also kudos to Craig Robertson who led the team with 11 tackles and Nwigwe w/9.

Don't forget Steve Warren at 2nd in solo tackles with six and tied for first in tackles for loss with one.

Look at Royce Hill at #3 in total tackles! That's what you call a true freshman impact player. Also kudos to Craig Robertson who led the team with 11 tackles and Nwigwe w/9.

He's still too high on the #'s of tackles list, although our LB's dominated that list......which is a very good sign. For too many years our DB's have led in the number of tackles catagory. We need to have our DL move up in that catagory.

Our QB only got sacked once.....which is a big improvement over last year.....especially with a O-Line that's been cobbled together in the last few weeks.

However, the most glaring stat (to me anyway) is the big "0" on the stats for the number of sacks that our D had. In fact, during the broadcast, I don't remember hearing GD mention that the KS QB was being hurried or harassed by our DL. THIS HAS TO TURN AROUND VERY QUICKLY!

Does anyone know how mobile the Tulsa QB is?

In fact, during the broadcast, I don't remember hearing GD mention that the KS QB was being hurried or harassed by our DL. THIS HAS TO TURN AROUND VERY QUICKLY!

I actually heard us put pressure on the QB many times during the game. There were also many tipped balls unfortunetely many of them were still caught. That was actually a bright spot, yes although we didnt have any sacks, we did get pressure on Freeman.

My guy, Jeremy Knott:

First kickoff got inside the 10, to the seven yard line - but, it was returned 50 yards. Hello, who's coaching the special teams? I thought Dodge was taking "special interest" in the special teams this year.

Second kickoff went to the goal line, that's excellent. And, the return was only 18 yards.

His first PAT attempt was blocked. I wasn't there so someone will have to tell me whether he kicked it low or the blocking was poor. However, as short a distance a extra points are, you should be getting the ball up really quickly.