Jj Johnson Will Be Outland Award Winner In Next 4 Years

dharris69

To all you Mean Green fans who are doubting the offensive line, I can understand where you are coming from. 4 of the positions look to be mediocre at best. However when you look at center, you will see a budding star in the form of one JJ Johnson. The guy is an absolute technician who is also a great student of the game. Get ready to enjoy watching 4 years of greatness.

D - I have been hearing really good things about Johnson I can't wait to watch him this season. I don't know about Outland because that is pretty political but I think he has a chance - given the current scenario with Drake - to be the rare 4-year starter...

To all you Mean Green fans who are doubting the offensive line, I can understand where you are coming from. 4 of the positions look to be mediocre at best. However when you look at center, you will see a budding star in the form of one JJ Johnson. The guy is an absolute technician who is also a great student of the game. Get ready to enjoy watching 4 years of greatness.

I'm betting the 4 mediocre linemen would like to invite you to a practice. :whip:

Edited by NT80

I really think the offensive line will be better than last year, and better than the average D1 O-line. I do think that it will be more of a rotation or platooning situation than 5 guys starting and finishing the game. Certainly, stability at the center position would be good, but if Kelvin Drake gets healthy soon enough, I'd rather Drake and Johnson both see plenty of playing time. If Kelvin continues to struggle, Chad Rose, among others, could do well in a two-deep at center.

Edited by eulessismore

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think that JJ will be great and I'm glad that we have him but I wouldn't make him the Outland winner yet. He hasn't played a down and is operating behind the best center in the conference (when he is healthy).