Going To The Opener At Kansas State

SHOSS

Some friends from around dfw and I are driving to Manhattan next weekend, and I wanted to ask a question...

It makes the most sense for us to all meet in Denton and consolidate cars for the journey north on 35. Can we park in the Fouts parking lot for Friday thru Sunday or would we get towed?

Guest JohnDenver

I'm driving too. Probably leave from Carrollton early on Saturday (say 6-7ish) and stop in OK City to connect with my brother.

Go Mean Green!

I am in OKC. Driving up there ...

Perhaps we all meet up if the schedules align well enough?

Guest JohnDenver

You are absolutely correct. It goes to one lane for a bridge construction/reconstruction project and it is no fun!

I have made this drive 4 times in the past 4 weeks... In fact made it yesterday afternoon (picked up my season tickets and KS tickets in the process). It is much better now. I slowed to 45 mph at one point. Otherwise I averaged 68 mph for the trip.

Guest JohnDenver

Just make sure you guys have some spare change for the toll roads up through Wichita and northward.

Looks for a 8-9 hr drive but at least it is all Interstate if leaving from DFW area.

I have always wondered how they can get away from making a federal interstate a toll... I made this drive last weekend, it took $1.75 to go I35-135.

I have always wondered how they can get away from making a federal interstate a toll... I made this drive last weekend, it took $1.75 to go I35-135.

Be curious to ask the Yankees up in NY who have a Toll Road across the state in the form of I-90

I doubt that you would get towed. However, you might call the campus police and let them know what you are doing. Just call 940-565-2000 and ask for the campus pollice dept.

OK, called and the answer is that we would be ticketed on Friday before 3:30... but they said that if we stopped by the UNT Police Dept at Eagle and Kendolph and explained what we were doing, we could get a complimentary Visitor pass that would cover you during the day Friday. The weekend, we should not have any problem with tickets or towing.

Thanks all....

CAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Just make sure you guys have some spare change for the toll roads up through Wichita and northward.

Looks for a 8-9 hr drive but at least it is all Interstate if leaving from DFW area.

You can avoid a big part of the toll road if you do this:

- Get off of 35 in Wichita and get on I-135.

- Take I-135N through Wichita and Newton.

- Just after Newton, get off I-135N and get on KS Highway 50.

- Take Highway 50 east to KS Highway 77N.

- Take Highway 77 north to Junction City.

- Exit on to I-70E.

- Take I-70E to K-18 (Manhattan exit).

- Take K-18 past Ogden and the airport, it will lead you directly into the west side of town.

This will also shave about 45 minutes off your trip if you do this instead of taking the turnpike to Topeka. Hope you enjoy Manhattan.