Is Dodge Doing More Damage .....

El Paso Eagle

I realize I am not in the area, but I can not believe closed practices are helping to prepare the team more than they are turning off potential new fans. I spoke to a family member in the area and they actually thought is was another one of the "things" UNT seems to always do to show that the fans are not important to them (basically could understand if it were right before a game, but not at the beginning of practice)

I realize I am not in the area, but I can not believe closed practices are helping to prepare the team more than they are turning off potential new fans. I spoke to a family member in the area and they actually thought is was another one of the "things" UNT seems to always do to show that the fans are not important to them (basically could understand if it were right before a game, but not at the beginning of practice)

Not sure it is Dodge who is closing the practices. It may be the Football Operations person's call, Mr. Barrow. And again, no fan I talked with had a problem if they were closed, just the way it's been communicated......when fans show up at Fouts.

Edited by NT80

Not sure it is Dodge who is closing the practices. It may be the Football Operations person's call, Mr. Barrow. And again, no fan I talked with had a problem if they were closed, just the way it's been communicated......when fans show up at Fouts.

Well I can assure you the football people at UNT know whether or not practice is closed or open and they are aware that the fans are upset about the communication problem. I couldn't go out during the week, so I had planned on going either last night or tonight to watch, and it's no big deal really as I enjoyed watching the Olympics, but I really don't understand why we have to close our practices at least during the first week of fall practice. I especially don't understand it coming from a program that was 2-10 last year (7 wins in the last 3 seasons) that is trying to not only gain a huge amount of new support, but also create excitement for a new stadium. I just spent 20 minutes reading thread after thread on the Hog boards about the open practices and how much excitement the fans that are out at Razorback stadium watching them are having. It's just another example of the differences between good leadership and taking advantage of situations versus a program that still doesn't understand how important their fans really are.

Think about it from this standpoint: the last two days there have been numerous threads about this lack of communication and the practices being closed. The number 1 fan board for UNT sports and instead of creating a huge excitement and gaining momentum over it, the AD has enough people to create some excitement amoung the fans, but yet they just figure out a way to not let that excitement happen. Oh well.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Last season, I had a seatback that was kinda faded. Cmon, I pay $20 a season! I demand a new seatback for every game.

I've gotta disagree here. I understand your point is that folks are having trouble with our little ole athletic department trying to grow up. However, if they are gonna try and act grown up; then they should be able to disseminate accurate information through to the public.

So why is it that the SID didn't have the right info to pass along? I think most folks would be happy with being informed (regardless of what the answer is); though everyone hopes that the practices will be open....but it seems very bush-league to publish a practice schedule a couple of weeks ago (Vito had to get his info somewhere); and then change your mind. There was plenty of time to issue an update, but the department failed to.

Most importantly: RV indicated in the podcast that if we as customers do not feel we have a pleasant experience; to contact him. So to those that tried to attend practice and couldn't I would suggest sending our AD a polite, well constructed email explaining your view of the situation. These are pretty straightforward questions to answer (since this is the 2nd year in a row that there has been a communication error).

Well I can assure you the football people at UNT know whether or not practice is closed or open and they are aware that the fans are upset about the communication problem. I couldn't go out during the week, so I had planned on going either last night or tonight to watch, and it's no big deal really as I enjoyed watching the Olympics, but I really don't understand why we have to close our practices at least during the first week of fall practice. I especially don't understand it coming from a program that was 2-10 last year (7 wins in the last 3 seasons) that is trying to not only gain a huge amount of new support, but also create excitement for a new stadium. I just spent 20 minutes reading thread after thread on the Hog boards about the open practices and how much excitement the fans that are out at Razorback stadium watching them are having. It's just another example of the differences between good leadership and taking advantage of situations versus a program that still doesn't understand how important their fans really are.

Think about it from this standpoint: the last two days there have been numerous threads about this lack of communication and the practices being closed. The number 1 fan board for UNT sports and instead of creating a huge excitement and gaining momentum over it, the AD has enough people to create some excitement amoung the fans, but yet they just figure out a way to not let that excitement happen. Oh well.

The only Damage is everyone questioning the motive. There is no motive. Let the coaches coach and let the players play. The first game will be open to the public at Kansas State. Respect the coaches wishes. Be part of the family and scream like hell when we play K-state.

you guys are crying over spilled milk, this is funny.. what is going to be the next complaint?

I agree with you Kieth 7

Do you think back in the day, Bear Bryant would let the public watch his practice. Hell no!!!!!!!!!

Let these guys coach and quit trying to be a distraction. Lets get a winning attitude

WOW,

Who cares either you want to be a fan or not.

biiingo.

What a silly thread, like an inconvenience such as a closed practice would push away a fan die hard enough to want to go watch practice. Oxymoron comes to mind.

Edited by Green Gas

all these complaints about practice are getting old. the reason you guys want to go to practice is because you love to support the program but all it takes is one miscommunication and all heck breaks loose. it goes back to the "what's in it for me?" attitude of other fans that we complain about. "i want to be at practice, so they should let me go to practice." i don't know about you, but i'd rather them kick people out if it's distracting to the team in any way. i'm much more interested in seeing a quality product in September than watching them prepare now. i'm jonesing for football just like the next guy, but let the anticipation build.

i understand that the communicaion is the real concern but why not call your buddy and vent to him, tell your wife how frustrated you are, spit on your mini helmet when you get home, or email someone in the AD to voice your concern?

we all want to see the program advance, so tell me where posting a thread titled "is dodge doing more damage than good" helps accomplish that.

there is a greater good.

Miscommunication.  That's what this whole issue is about.  We're "back" into our 13th season of D1A (FBS) football and our athletic department still can't communicate with the fans correctly?  Is it the SID, Dir. of Football Operations, or RV?

All of them need to get on the same page - and RV needs to make that happen as he is the leader of the group.

all these complaints about practice are getting old.  the reason you guys want to go to practice is because you love to support the program but all it takes is one miscommunication and all heck breaks loose.  it goes back to the "what's in it for me?" attitude of other fans that we complain about.  "i want to be at practice, so they should let me go to practice."  i don't know about you, but i'd rather them kick people out if it's distracting to the team in any way.  i'm much more interested in seeing a quality product in September than watching them prepare now.  i'm jonesing for football just like the next guy, but let the anticipation build.  i understand that the communicaion is the real concern but why not call your buddy and vent to him, tell your wife how frustrated you are, spit on your mini helmet when you get home, or email someone in the AD to voice your concern?we all want to see the program advance, so tell me where posting a thread titled "is dodge doing more damage than good" helps accomplish that.there is a greater good.

On that note, I don't want to see any type of negative post from you in the future. No frustration with how things are going, regardless of what is happening.

I was at practice last night. I can tell you, with no reservations, that the 100 or so of us in the stands had zero effect on the players on the field. Again, no issue with practices being closed...big issue with conflicting information, some of us aren't driving in from across the street.