Uh Stadium Plans

HoustonEagle

Sorry, I think we're done chewing on it:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41837

I thought there would have been more comments, especially from those who think we're losing ground to everyone else, but maybe it's because UH is only adding to their existing stadium, not building a whole new one.

Has anybody seen the new Pizza Hut Park in Frisco? That would be a perfect model for a new stadium. It holds about 26K for games, and is a great out-door venue for concerts which will hold about 30 -35K for concerts....... easy access to the highway, lots of kids around for concerts. people from Oklahoma could make it down in an hour+, Ft. Wrth/Dallas access. Think BIG RV. Iwas kind of a costly ($65M) project, but it could be scaled down. However, it is a beautiful stadium...great for recruiting. On the other hand, does naybody know the cost of Ford Filed at SMU? These are the types of facilities that will help push UNT to respectability.

I thought there would have been more comments, especially from those who think we're losing ground to everyone else, but maybe it's because UH is only adding to their existing stadium, not building a whole new one.

Well we arent losing ground to UH. We've been behind them for the past 30 years, from an athletics perspective. The ones that make people sick are crappy start-up florida schools and other step-child institutions within the state.

UH Stadium

Something to chew on.

$38 million seems very expensive for just an endzone facility, which we already have in place by the way. It will add some suites (do you really want your suite in the endzone?) lockerroom and classrooms, not general seating to the stadium capacity. They were trying to keep Houston's pro soccer team there with the lure of this (to help with costs) but they are going to build their own stadium with Texas Southern on the other side of the city.

I would love if we could play Houston sometime soon!!!!!!!!

I agree, I think when we discuss playing SMU and TCU on a regular basis we should add Houston to that list because the 4 of us are relatively on the same level and would make for very entertaining football...and maybe plant the seed for future conference plans. ;)

Edited by Dub820

How are we, in terms of football, relatively on the same terms as TCU and Houston? They are in better conferences, get more national exposure, and have been going to bowl games recently. We are nowhere near the same terms as UH and TCU. They can ignore us with impunity. Impunity, I say!

Sadly, you are right on the money about both of those schools--throw in UTEP and Tulsa while you are at it. :(

How are we, in terms of football, relatively on the same terms as TCU and Houston? They are in better conferences, get more national exposure, and have been going to bowl games recently. We are nowhere near the same terms as UH and TCU. They can ignore us with impunity. Impunity, I say!

I meant more along the lines of being a so called "mid major" program and in conferences that don't get much respect from the Big 6. When comparing CUSA and the Sun Belt to the Big 6, those teams probably don't realize who is in what conference anyways for the most part. Notice I said "relatively" in my original statement, because I definitely don't think we are in the exact same position as them but relatively, yes I believe we have enough similiarities that we should be playing each other on a regular basis.