Dodge On The Tube

Cowtown

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just quoting this one post, but am replying to all of you with "inside" information:

DAMN YOU ALL!!!

I'm pulling my hair out over here!!! Just tell me that the students won't, as has been "leaked", get the end-all say in the matter and I'll be satisfied....

Just listen to what Flyer has to say - he knows waaaay more than I. in fact, my comment is related to the overall University, not necessarily stadium news.

Saw the interview...GREAT to see TD and UNT getting "air time"...not that impressed with Gina...OK, but still a "work in progress" as far as an on air interviewer in my opinion....TD DID look tired...hey, the man is working hard and long to get the season going!!!! Loved his comments about Riley...He's #5 and he has to earn his way up. He mentioned we had the top 4A and 5A QB's, so things looked good at QB...MY OPINION here....I would seriously consider a red-shirt year for Riley...but, that's just my opinion...TD is the head coach...it is 100% his call, and I trust "his call".

Loved what he said about the pre-season ranking...basic comment...who cares??? We'll go to work and prove 'em wrong type of attitude!

Stadium talk was GREAT, but in no way did he offer up any sort of whine or ultimatum...I thoght Gina got into this issue a bit quickly and was a bit "pushy" about it....hey, I think Gina is (or can be) the "real deal" and has a good career in front of her...so don't think I am ragging on her...I am not, just think she is not quite "prime time" ready as yet. I think we will see her progress well in her career. I'll keep watching.

Anyway, good to see TD and UNT on TV...let's see more!!!!

Unless some corporation has $60 million to give, the students MUST approve a stadium fee. But I would not be too worried about that.

I want to not be worried, but I was on campus for the last vote. I know you know things, but I will not believe it until I see it. Things may be different now, but last time, it was hard to get much buy-in from a lot of people. I hope that it wins in a landslide and that everything goes as planned, but I just don't know that I believe it. I hope you are right and I am wrong. The students have just made this difficult in the past, and history doesn't support what you are saying here.

I want to believe.

Unless some corporation has $60 million to give, the students MUST approve a stadium fee. But I would not be too worried about that.

Flyer - This Must here is not really a must if the Senate can then pass it in an override correct? Are you fairly certain that the Senate has enough "for" votes to override the student vote?

Flyer - This Must here is not really a must if the Senate can then pass it in an override correct? Are you fairly certain that the Senate has enough "for" votes to override the student vote?

Yes, I would say there is strong support in the Senate. A pretty safe majority vote.

Are any of those wavering where if the students voted it down, they would support the students?

I think that would be a question for our new President to answer. He actually knows these guys better than I do. But again, we should not have a problem winning student support. My Facebook group has been up for just 4 days and we have over 400 members. That's already about 10% of what I think would be a safe number of votes to pass areferendum. Once the plans and drawings are unveiled, I expect we will see very strong support and this thing passes easily.

Yes, I would say there is strong support in the Senate. A pretty safe majority vote.

Last time, the Senate tried to overrule the student vote, and they ended up having a recall election vote to remove those Senators from their positions. Just sayin'...

Last time, the Senate tried to overrule the student vote, and they ended up having a recall election vote to remove those Senators from their positions. Just sayin'...

I got some info on the fee proposal... I am encouraged that it will be easier to pass than the ideas floating around. Can't go into details just yet. Be patient, school starts in just 5 weeks.

I didn't get ousted. My fellow business students thought I did the right thing.

.....and then they were reinstated afterwards. And rightfully so, because without their overrule we would not have met Title IX mandates.

Rick

Some of them were, and some of them weren't. I personally voted for the fee, and voted for my Senators to return to their posts. However, in Arts & Sciences (my college), several of them did not keep their seats. One of those ousted was a friend of mine.