Recruiting Tidbit, Mailbag

LAZER

When was the last time we played TCU? Sorry for the UNT noob question.

I think it was '01... maybe '02. We had a home and home with them... the first we lost 19-5 and the second we lost like 10-13. Something like that. they have been really close games.

I think it was '01... maybe '02. We had a home and home with them... the first we lost 19-5 and the second we lost like 10-13. Something like that. they have been really close games.

Was it the 19-5 game where we were pretty much having our way with them until we broke their starting QB's leg? In came the backup and the tide turned.

Was it the 19-5 game where we were pretty much having our way with them until we broke their starting QB's leg? In came the backup and the tide turned.

I went to both games and think that happened in the one in Fort Worth. No mention of the broken leg in the recap, but a second QB did come on and lead them on a few short drives.

This was either great defense or bad offense (probably somewhere in the middle.)

Think we'll see a boxscore like this on either side of the ball this year?

Ahhh the great, over-hyped Tye Gunn.

That was one of the more frusterating games of the Darrell Dickey era. Our defense dominated the Frogs...but the halfback dive was on repeat and the forward pass rarely experimented with.

I would fly back in a heartbeat for a renewal of the bitter TCU-UNT rivalry (with both spewing their bitterness towards Mockingbird Lane of course)

I went to both games and think that happened in the one in Fort Worth. No mention of the broken leg in the recap, but a second QB did come on and lead them on a few short drives.

This was either great defense or bad offense (probably somewhere in the middle.)

Think we'll see a boxscore like this on either side of the ball this year?

I just want to make everyone turns their sarcasm detectors on to full power before reading that sentence.

TCU got a whole 8 first downs in the Fort Worth game, but yet the froggy fans claimed pure dominance over the hapless Green. A game NT should have won but DD with new QB Smith in the game would not pass after he badly missed a couple of open receivers. This is the game were the famous "pass the ball" chant was initiated.

TCU got a whole 8 first downs in the Fort Worth game, but yet the froggy fans claimed pure dominance over the hapless Green. A game NT should have won but DD with new QB Smith in the game would not pass after he badly missed a couple of open receivers. This is the game were the famous "pass the ball" chant was initiated.

How did Smith throw the ball 30 times that game? It felt like 4.

The box score of 34 passes and 33 rushes kind of makes us all seem a little melodramatic.

How did Smith throw the ball 30 times that game? It felt like 4.

The box score of 34 passes and 33 rushes kind of makes us all seem a little melodramatic.

If I recall, we couldn't complete a pass or run effectively to save our lives in that game. In other words, the offense was running like a well-oiled machine. I think that the TD we scored came off of a late pass thrown by our thrid string QB (Gonzalez?).

Or after George Marshall dropped one sure TD at the end of the first half dropped another big gainer that would have helped take the pressure off of the running game.

Sean Stilley was the QB we knocked out of the game and I think it was Craig Jones that separated Stilley's shoulder with a monster hit along their sideline.