Success Equals Higher Ticket Prices

MeanGreen61

And someone was on here complaining about Section E.

BSU football season ticket prices jump

Athletic director Gene Bleymaier says the increase was necessary to keep up with the rising costs of running the Boise State athletic department.

BY CHADD CRIPE - ccripe@idahostatesman.com

Edition Date: 04/18/08

The exploding costs of running an athletic department are behind the latest price hike for football season tickets, Boise State athletic director Gene Bleymaier said Thursday.

Boise State has increased season ticket prices for 2008 by 5.9 to 14.3 percent based on per-game prices. The average increase is between 9 and 10 percent, Bleymaier said.

Season ticket renewals were mailed this week and most fans received them Wednesday, ticket manager Anita Guerricabeitia said. Orders on the waiting list will be filled in July and individual-game tickets will go on sale in August.

Season tickets for adults range from $157 to $283 for the six home games and the 2009 Spring Game (spring tickets are $7). Junior tickets range from $109 to $145. Family plans (two adults, two juniors) are $568.

Season tickets in the main part of Bronco Stadium cost $283, or $46 per game. Those tickets cost $42 per game in 2007 and $36.17 per game in 2006. That's a 9.5 percent increase since last year and a 27.2 percent jump in two years. Some tickets require a Bronco Athletic Association membership.

The cheapest season tickets, in the end zone, cost $157 or $25 per game. Those have increased 8.7 percent since last year and 30.4 percent in two years.

ARTICLE

http://www.idahostatesman.com/boisestatefo...ory/355654.html

Guest 97and03

Or region. Do they sell out their games?

Their website lists the stadium at 30K capacity beginning in 1997.

NCAA stats:

year G total avg

2006 Boise St. 6 182,718 30,453

2005 Boise St. 7 210,781 30,112

I think last year's was 30338.

So yes, they do currently average above capacity.

NCAA stats:

year G total avg

Well I guess I can understand to a degree how they can charge that much for their tickets if they are basically selling out their games.

NCAA stats:

year G total avg

Believe they have expanded their stadium.

Guest 97and03

You only need to look at Utah State's OC to know their attendence problems. As for Idaho, their stadium is so dismal, I can understand why no one shows up at their games.

Or you could look at their records and know why no one shows up.

Boise State and the City of Boise, collectively decided to spend the money needed to put themselves and their secluded part of the world on the national scene with the Human Bowl and to financially support their program. It was a laughing stock at first but few are laughin now? When Hawkins was hired by Colorado he was in the first of a five year, $2.6 Million contract. Petersen came in behind him and got a five year, $2.5 Million contract, and that was upgraded to an $850,000 plus $160,000 in incentives for a 12 win season contract after the Fiesta bowl win . That's a $1 Million a year contract. That's what happens when your community and university sets high goals for themselves and reaches those goals, putting Boise State in every livingroom in the country. Together, North Texas and Denton could easily do the same thing and I'm hoping with all my heart the Raddison and AC center is just the beginning.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Boise State and the City of Boise, collectively decided to spend the money needed to put themselves and their secluded part of the world on the national scene with the Human Bowl and to financially support their program. It was a laughing stock at first but few are laughin now? When Hawkins was hired by Colorado he was in the first of a five year, $2.6 Million contract. Petersen came in behind him and got a five year, $2.5 Million contract, and that was upgraded to an $850,000 plus $160,000 in incentives for a 12 win season contract after the Fiesta bowl win . That's a $1 Million a year contract. That's what happens when your community and university sets high goals for themselves and reaches those goals, putting Boise State in every livingroom in the country. Together, North Texas and Denton could easily do the same thing and I'm hoping with all my heart the Raddison and AC center is just the beginning.

Rick

I completely agree. The city gets behind the Broncos and that means corporate sponsors. In fact, did you know that the turf was originally "Albertson" blue? You can guess why....

I completely agree. The city gets behind the Broncos and that means corporate sponsors. In fact, did you know that the turf was originally "Albertson" blue? You can guess why....

Because Albertson's HO (before the sold off their stores to three? different companies) was located in Idaho?

Because Albertson's HO (before the sold off their stores to three? different companies) was located in Idaho?

Well kind of? The real answer is that they were able to get a corporation to give a ton of money to Athletics. This happened when the team was crappy.... I remember when people laughed at the color of the Turff. Now it is a home field advantage.

We could change our field color to "jolly green giant" green at minimal costs.