How Many Coaching Positions Available?

eulessismore

If this has already been addressed elsewhere, I'll delete the thread. It seems like we should have 2 positions listed; one for DC and one for a cornerbacks coach. However, I only see one listing for an assistant coach under the Athletic department. There's another listing for someone to serve as what sounds like a fund raiser. Is the one assistant coach listing really for 2 positions? What's the deal?

I believe the fund raiser position is to replace TJ Leon.

I wonder if Ramone Archie might actually be a better fit in the fund raiser position. He does seem to have the fire in his belly for coaching, and North Texas football, but seems to deeply impress those who have met him personally (sounds almost like the head football coach from Euless Trinity, Steve Lineweaver, in that respect). Secondary players, and possibly by extension their coaches, may be at their best when noone is really noticing their best work. Also, he seems to present himself well to the media, as evidenced by appearing on the "Family Feud", I believe it was. It sounds like he may be a natural salesman, a man who loves North Texas from his time as student and coach, and someone who believes in the UNT athletic program. Even if he doesn't have specific fund raising experience, I think UNT could do worse than to let a young, attractive, articulate, energetic, enthusiastic, upbeat guy like him who loves UNT athletics take on that challenge.