Guess Vt Wasnt Bcs Worthy Either

emmitt01

I am with you on that one! And for UNT...as soon as we can stop playing these "money games" against the likes of OU and LSU the better! Our "money games" need to be against Navy, Army, Baylor, Rice, SMU, TCU, etc., etc. I am sick and tired of starting the season in a big hole and with some beat up players because we have to play these "money games"! I know it's something UNT has to do to get the $$$$ into the budget, but Geeeeeezzzzz, do we have to do it year in and year out and forever???? Let's hope not....I'd love to head into conference paly with some wins under our belt or at least some "not blowout" games just so we can make a bunch of extra $$$$$. Yes, alas, I do realize that we need the $$$$$$............

Virginia Tech is still the better team, just made too many mistakes last night. 17 points as a direct result from turnovers (one pick six) and a blocked field goal attempt from inside 40 yards. That's 20 points and they still only lost by a field goal. V-Tech didn't have Ore in the first quarter and got away from what they do best, run the football. Glennon tried to force way too many throws and made bad decision when it was 17-14 (his third pick). He had one on one on the outside and instead, tried to force between the safety and linebacker (that pick killed the whole game for them). If they played 10 times, V-Tech wins at leat 7. Much better athletes all around, just a poor performance by the Hokies.

If they played 10 times, V-Tech wins at leat 7.

But they don't play 10 times. They play once. That's the beauty of sports. Any thing can happen once.

But they don't play 10 times. They play once. That's the beauty of sports. Any thing can happen once.

True. However, I think if there wasn't such a long layover, the Hokies win. There were a little rusty. Yet another reason why I don't really like the bowl season compared to a playoff system. There is so much time between games, its hard to stay crisp. With a playoff, you play right away and get to stay in the swing of a regular routine. When we kick off Monday for the "national title game", it will have 51 days since Ohio State last played a game.

I think Kansas was just way better than what many people thought. Also, I must say the ACC in football doesn't get nearly the negative press is the Big East, or even the Big 10 nowadays....but the league has been a no show in big bowl games for years. The conference is probably the 6th best.

Edited by CMJ

Virginia Tech is still the better team, just made too many mistakes last night. 17 points as a direct result from turnovers (one pick six) and a blocked field goal attempt from inside 40 yards. That's 20 points and they still only lost by a field goal. V-Tech didn't have Ore in the first quarter and got away from what they do best, run the football. Glennon tried to force way too many throws and made bad decision when it was 17-14 (his third pick). He had one on one on the outside and instead, tried to force between the safety and linebacker (that pick killed the whole game for them). If they played 10 times, V-Tech wins at leat 7. Much better athletes all around, just a poor performance by the Hokies.

Let me sum all of this up in one word: Excuses. Va Tech had the chance to prove they were better ON THE FIELD and they didn't. If we can go back and make excuses for every game where we just "made too many mistakes" then every team in football could be undefeated...hell, NT would be coming of at least a 8 win season. That's why they give you 60 minutes to prove your worth...some (KU) do, some (VT) don't.

Let me sum all of this up in one word: Excuses. Va Tech had the chance to prove they were better ON THE FIELD and they didn't. If we can go back and make excuses for every game where we just "made too many mistakes" then every team in football could be undefeated...hell, NT would be coming of at least a 8 win season. That's why they give you 60 minutes to prove your worth...some (KU) do, some (VT) don't.

I agree.

Would this be a good time to point out that the Big XII who "sucks" was 5 and 3 in bowl games this year? ...sorry.

As I said earlier:

"And that is now 4 (or 5 if you count Arkansas being ranked in one poll) wins this year for the Big 12 over top 25 programs. One more good year and I'll be happily done mocking them. Although, I still want to see a Texas or Oklahoma play a schedule like USC set up for next year."

TCU, Arizona State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Arkansas are the marquee victims this year. It's a start, but only if you are willing to ignore a season that saw the conference drop games to:

Alabama

Kent St.

TCU

Auburn

Georgia

Miami

Northern Iowa

Arizona State

Troy

USC

Florida St

Toledo

I'm confident the Big 12 is getting better, and I have been sticking up for Kansas for awhile now, but there is no reason for this conference to be losing more than a handful of the big OOC losses listed above.

I actually agree with you here, I'm just saying talent wise, V-Tech is the better team. They played out of character last night in the fact they didn't continue to run the football where they dominated the most. Also had a blocked field goal, which is way out of character for the Hokies. I understand that's why you play the game but Glennon didn't play up to par and Ore was out for the first quarter. I give all the congrats in the world to the Jayhawks and their big win. I just think if you play this game three or four weeks ago, the Hokies win. As terrible as they played, they still lost by a field goal. Just a bad night for the Hokies and a good one for the Jayhawks.

I actually agree with you here, I'm just saying talent wise, V-Tech is the better team. They played out of character last night in the fact they didn't continue to run the football where they dominated the most. Also had a blocked field goal, which is way out of character for the Hokies. I understand that's why you play the game but Glennon didn't play up to par and Ore was out for the first quarter. I give all the congrats in the world to the Jayhawks and their big win. I just think if you play this game three or four weeks ago, the Hokies win. As terrible as they played, they still lost by a field goal. Just a bad night for the Hokies and a good one for the Jayhawks.

If they have the more talented team last night, then that means that they either underperformed; or just weren't motivated. I am gonna rule out the latter.

And remember, this is a V-tech team that got man handled pretty good by East Carolina. This team had some obvious holes in it.

Edited by good_ken

And remember, this is a V-tech team that got man handled pretty good by East Carolina. This team had some obvious holes in it.

That was a very emotionally filled game (after what happened this offseason on that campus) and a very well coached East Carolina school that shocked everyone when they beat Boise State. The only other loss was to a fresh LSU squad. V-Tech usually plays sound defense (which they did the other night), take care of the football (which they didn't), and play great special teams (which they didn't). Just a poor performance by the Hokies. Oh, and they beat East Carolina.

Edited by StealthEagle84

That was a very emotionally filled game (after what happened this offseason on that campus) and a very well coached East Carolina school that shocked everyone when they beat Boise State. The only other loss was to a fresh LSU squad. V-Tech usually plays sound defense (which they did the other night), take care of the football (which they didn't), and play great special teams (which they didn't). Just a poor performance by the Hokies. Oh, and they beat East Carolina.

Check the schedule again.